!Extract

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
chivracq

Re: !Extract

Post by chivracq » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:20 am

And, any Progress...?

And why did you completely truncate your Thread Title..? "[Re:] !Extract" is now a bit useless as Title...!? :shock:
Your original Thread Title was maybe not perfect, but it was OK..., check my Posts, I bash Users very often for the "Quality" of their Thread Titles if they are not Descriptive, I didn't say anything about yours...

Oh-jeez...!, and we are already on Page_2 of the Thread, with thus already 15+ Posts in this Thread, which should have been handled in 2-3 Posts in 30 min, completely easy, no Difficulty at all... :shock:

OK, @OP, I will reply once more to this Thread, it's all taking way too long..., wasting everybody's time, I already gave you the Sol a few days ago... :roll:
And restore your Original Thread Title... :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
raykay84

Post by raykay84 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:26 pm

Hi @chivracq, i found this post really interesting and try to figure out a calucalation based macro myself.

I am using VERSION BUILD=10021450 in FF
Bowser FF 79.0
iMacros for FF
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Operating system

Currently my code is following:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=10021450
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var z=s*1.05; z;")
PROMPT {{!VAR1}}

TAB T=2  
'URL GOTO=http://demo.imacros.net/Automate/AutoDataEntry
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:demo ATTR=ID:fname CONTENT={{!VAR1}}
What i am trying to reach is get the price of an item in step one and add +5% via the EVAL command to the price before i paste it into another field.
However something seems to be wrong with my code. It just extracts the price and does not modify nor paste it into the field. I made sure it only extracts numbers (Format: XX,XXX) and nothing else.
Any idea on this?

In another step i would also like to divide the price through a fixed number. Example would be to calculate how many items i can purchase for a fixed amount i have in my wallet. Would this worK?

VERSION BUILD=10021450
TAB T=1
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var z=s/1000; z;")
PROMPT {{!VAR1}}

TAB T=2  
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:00 pm

raykay84 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:26 pm
Hi @chivracq, i found this post really interesting and try to figure out a calucalation based macro myself.

I am using

VERSION BUILD=10021450 in FF
Bowser FF 79.0 
iMacros for FF
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Operating system
Currently my code is following:

VERSION BUILD=10021450
TAB T=1
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var z=s*1.05; z;")
PROMPT {{!VAR1}}

TAB T=2  
What i am trying to reach is get the price of an item in step one and add +5% via the EVAL command to the price before i paste it into another field.
However something seems to be wrong with my code. It just extracts the price and does not modify nor paste it into the field. I made sure it only extracts numbers (Format: XX,XXX) and nothing else.
Any idea on this?

In another step i would also like to divide the price through a fixed number. Example would be to calculate how many items i can purchase for a fixed amount i have in my wallet. Would this worK?

VERSION BUILD=10021450
TAB T=1
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var z=s/1000; z;")
PROMPT {{!VAR1}}

TAB T=2  

Yeah, but hum, @raykay84, I would think it's "better" if you start your own New (Standalone) Thread (and you can include a Link to this one of course, or quote some Content from it...), as this Current Thread was already on Page_2, so I don't really "feel" like digging again into it..., and the @OP from this Thread made a bit "a mess out of it" and completely mutilated the Thread Title which is now a bit useless, and I don't answer Threads with a "useless" (= Non-Descriptive) Title if they won't be found by other Users searching the Forum... :|

=> Correct Sub-Forum will be the 'Data-Extraction' one indeed, and give a Descriptive Title to your Thread, of course...! :wink: :!:
And once you've created that New Thread, you can edit your previous Post or add a New short Reply to include the Link to your Thread if you want... (Not for me as I will "see" it, but maybe for other Users in the Future...)

:arrow: And 'Free'/'PE' is missing from your FCI, oops...! :!:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...