Is it Possible to Extract Data From Chart?

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.
chivracq

Re: Is it Possible to Extract Data From Chart?

Post by chivracq » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:54 pm

viking wrote:Thanks chivracq.
Actually my particular issue was easily solved. When I recorded in EVENT mode, I had checked "Favor element Ids in selectors". After I unchecked this and recorded again, I got a macro that didn't hang anymore. All I needed in my macro was:

Code: Select all

EVENT TYPE=MOUSEDOWN SELECTOR="HTML>BODY" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=MOUSEMOVE SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>svg" POINTS="(1346,893),(1345,893),(1345,894),(1344,894),(1343,894),(1341,894),(1340,894),(1339,894),(1338,894),(1338,893),(1336,893)"
:D

BTW, you mentioned that v10, which I haven't tested yet, doesn't include the EVENT mode anymore. Is that correct!? That would severely limit iMacros...I guess we need to hang on to our old versions and Browsers (I can't go beyond FF 52.8.1 as it would break several critical extensions)
OK, good to hear, but hum, the 'EVENT' Mode without ID's is often a little bit "fragile" and gets easily "broken" as it "heavily" depends on the HTML and CSS Structure, for example if any 'DIV' gets added or removed, like if an Ad or "Announcement" gets displayed, then the "DIV:nth-of-type(5)" might become "DIV:nth-of-type(6)" and the 'svg' Element won't be found, and you'll still hit the Script hanging because of the 'MOUSEMOVE' on a non-existing Selector...
But the Page looks luckily quite "sober" and "functional", so hopefully that won't happen (too much) with that Page...
The "Workaround" then "normally" is to repeat 2 or 3 times the same Statement with 'nth=4/5/6', but that wouldn't work in this Case as one of the Statements would still hit the 'MOUSEMOVE' not found and you will still have to go back to what I previously mentioned:
chivracq wrote:(Mini-Difficulty with the 'EVENT' Mode is that you can't use Wildcards for the Selector, and even if you use the 'EVENT' Mode without ID's, you'll still need to compute the 'nth' Nb to use dynamically for each Sub-Level in the CSS... (Can be done, I use it myself, and it is even "my Workaround" for implementing 'Relative Positioning' in the 'EVENT' Mode...! 8) ))
>>>

Concerning v10 for FF, yep, that's unfortunately correct, the 'EVENT' Mode was for several years only available in iMacros for FF but is now supported by all Browsers, except FF from v10.0.2 for FF, grrr...! :shock:

v8.9.7 still works until FF56, I use it myself on FF v55.0.3. Or it works as well on Pale Moon PM27 or PM28, which is a better "Alternative" anyway than plain FF in my Opinion..., for Performance and Reliability, hum..., and Control on the Browser for (Advanced) Users as well... Firefox since a few years has just become a "Copy" of Google Chrome... :roll:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...