Extract List to CSV

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tamilselvan

Extract List to CSV

Post by Tamilselvan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:10 am

Firefox for Windows Ver 49.0.1 (32 bit)
iMacros for FF Ver 8.9.7
OS Windows 10

Dear Sir,

I want to extract each item from List; to store CSV file in each column one by one.
Extract List.jpg
I have tried but i could not extract continuously . Same item will extracted.
Kindly help me. I have communication problem :( . I don't know how to express my need. I will try :) .

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 400

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_CPHPage_ddblock EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 EVAL("'{{!EXTRACT}}'.trim();")
WAIT SECONDS=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_CPHPage_ddPanchayat EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR2 EVAL("'{{!EXTRACT}}'.trim();")
WAIT SECONDS=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_CPHPage_ddVillage EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR3 EVAL("'{{!EXTRACT}}'.trim();")

SET !EXTRACT {{!VAR1}}[EXTRACT]{{!VAR2}}[EXTRACT]{{!VAR3}}[EXTRACT]
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=Firka.csv

SET !EXTRACT NULL
Thanks & Regards,
S.Tamilselvan
chivracq

Re: Extract List to CSV

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:43 pm

Tamilselvan wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:10 am
Firefox for Windows Ver 49.0.1 (32 bit)
iMacros for FF Ver 8.9.7
OS Windows 10

Dear Sir,

I want to extract each item from List; to store CSV file in each column one by one.
Extract List.jpg
I have tried but i could not extract continuously . Same item will extracted.
Kindly help me. I have communication problem :( . I don't know how to express my need. I will try :) .

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 400

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_CPHPage_ddblock EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 EVAL("'{{!EXTRACT}}'.trim();")
WAIT SECONDS=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_CPHPage_ddPanchayat EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR2 EVAL("'{{!EXTRACT}}'.trim();")
WAIT SECONDS=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_CPHPage_ddVillage EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR3 EVAL("'{{!EXTRACT}}'.trim();")

SET !EXTRACT {{!VAR1}}[EXTRACT]{{!VAR2}}[EXTRACT]{{!VAR3}}[EXTRACT]
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=Firka.csv

SET !EXTRACT NULL
Thanks & Regards,
S.Tamilselvan

You can drop the "Dear Sir", and I've already told you I think... I don't know if it's meant "for me", but I personally find it a bit "irritating", pretty sexist, and "pushy"... :shock:
I answer Threads when I can and if the Quality is "good" and if they can be "useful" for other Users... And I'm not the only Advanced User answering Threads, and we also have Ladies on the Forum (and even one (that I know at least) in the "Official" TechSupport Team)... I would honestly stick your "Dear Sir" in your Throat if I was a Lady, just saying... :idea:
=> Say nothing, or use "Deal all" or "Dear Community" or stg like that, I don't know..., if you absolutely need to use some "Greeting"... :idea:

>>>

OK, without going into Details, but I think that what you need is the 'EXTRACT=TXTALL' Command... 8)
Check the Wiki and try it... :wink:

>>>

Hum, and without checking it, I think you didn't "really" finish your previous Thread, or it is waiting for some Follow-up from you..., unless I missed a Reply... :?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tamilselvan

Re: Extract List to CSV

Post by Tamilselvan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:04 pm

I need to select the list in every drop down list one by one and extract it .
Because if i select one item from (Firka Name) 1st drop down list; depends on selected item the related records will be listed on 2nd drop down list (Panchayat Name). same as 3rd drop down list will be shown.

Extract List-1.jpg
Extract List-2.jpg
Extract List-3.jpg