Extracting data with Chrome addon

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
shaves

Extracting data with Chrome addon

Post by shaves » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:29 pm

I'm trying to learn more about the Chrome addon in hopes that it may solve some issues I have with pop-ups. I'm able to open iMacros in Chrome. My issue is I don't seem to be able to extract data with the Chrome addon. If I use the IM or IE browser, there are buttons to extract data. Easy. However, when I try to use the Chrome addon, I can record a macro and it works. However, I don't see any buttons to extract data. Am I missing something? Is it right in front of me?

Also, macros seem to run slower with the Chrome addon than with IM or IE browser but that's a question for another day.

Any help in extracting data would be appreciated. If there is reference material that you can point me to that would be helpful. I've tried the Wiki and haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm not sure what the purpose of the Chrome addon is at this point. Thanks for your help.

Imacros 12.0
Windows 10
Office 365
chivracq

Re: Extracting data with Chrome addon

Post by chivracq » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:51 pm

shaves wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:29 pm
I'm trying to learn more about the Chrome addon in hopes that it may solve some issues I have with pop-ups. I'm able to open iMacros in Chrome. My issue is I don't seem to be able to extract data with the Chrome addon. If I use the IM or IE browser, there are buttons to extract data. Easy. However, when I try to use the Chrome addon, I can record a macro and it works. However, I don't see any buttons to extract data. Am I missing something? Is it right in front of me?

Also, macros seem to run slower with the Chrome addon than with IM or IE browser but that's a question for another day.

Any help in extracting data would be appreciated. If there is reference material that you can point me to that would be helpful. I've tried the Wiki and haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm not sure what the purpose of the Chrome addon is at this point. Thanks for your help.

Code: Select all

Imacros 12.0
Windows 10
Office 365

My "personal" Feedback:
Well, I've never used iMB myself, (nearly) only the (Free) Add-on for FF(1), (and all other Versions/Browsers only for some Testing for the Forum), and there is no "ready-to-use" 'Extract' Button/Functionality in FF (either), I've always added manually all the "EXTRACT=TXT/HREF/HTM" myself to all the 'TAG' Statements I want to extract..., or not to click when using 'R-POS'... :wink:
Well, I don't know any better, so I'm "used" to it... It's just a quick and easy C&P, each time... I don't find it a big deal... :|
(And I think it's the same in CR, there is no 'Extract' Func either...)

(1):
I've been using iMacros since some v6.x of v7.x for FF Version, from when I started using iMacros more than 10 years ago, till v10.0.2 for FF.
Versions I "really" use myself are v8.8.2 (+PM26), is my "Prod" FCI, for Speed/Reliability/etc..., and v8.9.7 (+FF55) for the Forum and and a few Sites I script on and that use 'Flash', if I need to stop some Script and do a few Actions manually...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
shaves

Re: Extracting data with Chrome addon

Post by shaves » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:16 pm

Chivracq………...Thanks for the info. When I didn't see the extract function, I thought maybe our IT department didn't get the installation correct. I should be able to add EXTRACT to the code to get what I need. I appreciate your help with these questions.

I saw that you mainly use FF as your browser of choice. Do you mind telling me why you use that one as opposed to IM or IE or CR? Does FF have an advantage over the other ones? Does it handle pop ups better than the other browsers? That was the reason I was looking into using CR as I struggle with some pop ups with IM and IE. Do you know if FF is part of the paid Enterprise Edition? If so, maybe I'll check with our IT department and see if I can get that installed.

Our company bought iMacros several years ago and we are basically self taught (for better or worse.) We recently added an additional employee to our department and someone asked the question if there was on-site training any where. I've done a few searches but didn't find anything. Do you know if on-site training is available?

Thanks again for all of your help with my questions...…