Extract dynamic content with iMacros

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
liber77

Extract dynamic content with iMacros

Post by liber77 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:46 pm

I'm entirely new to iMacros, and I'm trying to get iMacros to extract the email address that appears when you click "reply" on ads on craigslist.

The only thing I have is:

VERSION BUILD=10021450
URL GOTO=https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/r ... 77618.html
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:reply

I have tried simply using wildcards, which doesn't work.
liber77

Re: Extract dynamic content with iMacros

Post by liber77 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:37 am

I found the answer somehow:

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT ATTR=CLASS:anonemail EXTRACT=TXT
chivracq

Re: Extract dynamic content with iMacros

Post by chivracq » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:20 pm

liber77 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:46 pm
I'm entirely new to iMacros, and I'm trying to get iMacros to extract the email address that appears when you click "reply" on ads on craigslist.

The only thing I have is:

VERSION BUILD=10021450
URL GOTO=https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/res/d/need-extra-money/7027377618.html
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:reply
I have tried simply using wildcards, which doesn't work.
liber77 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:37 am
I found the answer somehow:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT ATTR=CLASS:anonemail EXTRACT=TXT

Ah, alright..., good-good...! And Thanks for sharing your Solution..., and in your parallel Thread on SOF as well... Neat... :D

But hum..., consider reading the Forum Rules for how to post "correctly" when you open a Thread for a "next Time", if you ever need "Help" again..., for me and other Advanced Users to reply to Threads... (+ Read my Sig...) :idea:
... Even if I personally wouldn't have helped you for this one as I usually don't help for the Functionality you wanted (=> Extracting Email Addresses) as this is usually (also) used by Spammers to "spam" those poor Users... :shock:

>>>

But using some "other" Attribute(s) like you found out is indeed one of the 5 or 6 Methods that can be used in your "Case"... 8)
And using Wildcards that you mentioned is also another Way, but your "which doesn't work" is a bit vague as you didn't post exactly what and how you tried it, but it would also work, + maybe in Combination with one of the other "Techniques"/Methods... :P

>>>

But x2 mini-Compliments though :wink: , and both happen so "rarely" that I "feel" like I have to dispatch Compliments when a (New) User does it, ah-ah...!, hum, even if you didn't read the Forum Rules... :shock:
=> For...:
- Posting in the 'correct' Sub-Forum... :D
- Sharing your Sol... :D
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...