TYPE=A|BUTTON, IF Statement, and Regex

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
umarcos

TYPE=A|BUTTON, IF Statement, and Regex

Post by umarcos » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:47 pm

Hi. I am new to iMacros.

I use Windows 10 Pro and iMacros v12.6.

I have 3 simple questions:

A) TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:*
B) TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:*

Q1) I want to combine the two into one like TYPE=BUTTON|A
How can I do this? What is the OR equivalent?

Q2) I need something like below:

If (TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:*) { Do something }
else if (TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:*) { Do something }

How can I do this?

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:answer1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:answer2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:answer3

Q3) I want to combine the 3 into one using regular expressions like TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:answer\d+

How can do this?

Thank you in advance.
chivracq

Re: TYPE=A|BUTTON, IF Statement, and Regex

Post by chivracq » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:21 pm

umarcos wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:47 pm
Hi. I am new to iMacros.

I use

Code: Select all

Windows 10 Pro and iMacros v12.6.
I have 3 simple questions:

A) TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:*
 B) TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:*
Q1) I want to combine the two into one like TYPE=BUTTON|A
How can I do this? What is the OR equivalent?

Q2) I need something like below:

If (TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:*) { Do something }
       else if (TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:*) { Do something }
How can I do this?

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:answer1
 TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:answer2
 TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:answer3
Q3) I want to combine the 3 into one using regular expressions like TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:answer\d+

How can do this?

Thank you in advance.

Alright, I didn't "intend" to reply in this current Thread as I don't "intend" to help for this one as your Scenario feels related to a Game/Competition and I usually don't help in such Cases... (Your 3 Qt's are not very clearly organized btw...)

>>>

But hum, you had opened this Thread already in the "wrong" Sub-Forum, this current Thread has nothing specific to the 'Data Extraction' Sub-Forum, OK, I didn't say anything, I would have asked the Forum Admin "later" to move your Thread to the "correct" Sub-Forum (=> 'General'), but, hum...!, you just opened a 2nd Thread, and again, in the same "wrong" 'Data Extraction' Sub-Forum, grrr...! :shock:

:arrow: => Can you delete that 2nd Thread, and recreate it in the 'General' Sub-Forum...? :!:
(The Content is "fine", it's only that you opened it in the wrong Sub-Forum... And mention also in your FCI if you are using iMB v12.6 'Full'/'Trial'...?)

I could help for that one, but I don't want to post in it (yet), and start answering it, until the Thread has been "moved" to the correct Sub-Forum, which can be done in 2 Ways: Either "really" moved from one Sub-Forum to another one, which I cannot do myself, only the Forum Admin (which could take several days/weeks)..., or you delete it from one Sub-Forum and recreate it in another one... (Reason I am posting in this current Thread and not in the "incriminated" one, or you won't be able to delete it if I post in it after you...) :idea:

Thanks, and try "in the Future" to select the "correct" Sub-Forum when you open a New Thread... (or I don't help...) :wink:
(The 'General' one is always OK if you are "unsure"...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
umarcos

Post by umarcos » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:36 am

I am going to erase this soon and post a new one in the right area.

Thank you.

BTW, I never play any computer or smartphone games. I don't even play poker. lol
Also, I never thought I could use iMacros for games. lol
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:53 pm

umarcos wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:36 am
I am going to erase this soon and post a new one in the right area.

Thank you.

BTW, I never play any computer or smartphone games. I don't even play poker. lol
Also, I never thought I could use iMacros for games. lol

"Also, I never thought I could use iMacros for games. lol"
=> Oh...!, yep you can...! and that's actually where I gained 90% of my Knowledge about iMacros myself..., (and the remaining 10% from answering Threads on the Forum), so that's a very good "Learning School", I would think... :oops:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:16 pm

chivracq wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:53 pm
=> Oh...!, yep you can...! and that's actually where I gained 90% of my Knowledge about iMacros myself..., (and the remaining 10% from answering Threads on the Forum), so that's a very good "Learning School", I would think... :oops:
Only 10%? Really low. :wink:
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:28 am

thecoder2012 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:16 pm
chivracq wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:53 pm
Only 10%? Really low. :wink:

Yeah well, I only liked one of my free Fingers and put it in the Wind to pull out those "Statistics", so make it 80%-20% if you like, ah-ah...! :P