Triggering macro to accept or reject jobs (text lines with links) when they appear

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
luca_cremonini

Triggering macro to accept or reject jobs (text lines with links) when they appear

Post by luca_cremonini » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:45 pm

VERSION BUILD=12.0.501.6698
Microsoft Windows 10
IE 11 or Firefox 74.0

Hello, I'm working in remote as a contractor for a customer who has CST, while I have Greenwich time (a little different actually, but it's not important). I would like to activate a macro able to accept or reject new jobs when they pop up on the customer's website while I'm sleeping. I've already recorded macros to accept or reject jobs when they appear. A new job displays as a simple line of text on top of the screen, then I can run a macro like:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:cphMain_gvwWorkOrderList_Label1_0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:form1 ATTR=ID:cphMain_btnAccept (Firefox)

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT ATTR=NAME:ctl00$cphMain$btnAccept (IE)

What I need is something that triggers this only when a new job appears in the main window (accepted jobs remain there, only in a different color, like rows of a table, so they must not trigger the macro).
chivracq

Re: Triggering macro to accept or reject jobs (text lines with links) when they appear

Post by chivracq » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:06 am

luca_cremonini wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:45 pm

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=12.0.501.6698
Microsoft Windows 10
IE 11 or Firefox 74.0
Hello, I'm working in remote as a contractor for a customer who has CST, while I have Greenwich time (a little different actually, but it's not important). I would like to activate a macro able to accept or reject new jobs when they pop up on the customer's website while I'm sleeping. I've already recorded macros to accept or reject jobs when they appear. A new job displays as a simple line of text on top of the screen, then I can run a macro like:

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:form1 ATTR=ID:cphMain_btnAccept (Firefox)

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT ATTR=NAME:ctl00$cphMain$btnAccept (IE)
What I need is something that triggers this only when a new job appears in the main window (accepted jobs remain there, only in a different color, like rows of a table, so they must not trigger the macro).

Just checking some "older" Notifications... :wink:

Hum, this Thread => Quality OK, but User never followed up on previous Thread which is a Show-Killer for me help a User again... OK, fair enough... I'm out again... :P :P
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...