Extract Serial Number

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tamilselvan

Extract Serial Number

Post by Tamilselvan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:38 am

Firefox for Windows Ver 56.3.0 (32 bit)
iMacros for FF Ver 8.9.7
OS Windows 7

Good Morning ,

I need to find related record Serial Number while searching particular data randomly. In website have lots of records with serial number but based on CSV file find relevant record's serial number

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0
SET !DATASOURCE 2-Days-Payment.csv
SET !LOOP 2
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}

SET App_Name {{!COL3}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:{{!COL2}}&&TXT:*{{App_Name}}*
Find Row.jpg
Manually i tried but.. below code how to use in loop and extract relevant record's serial number

TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:6 
Kindly help me.. Thank You...
Regards,

S.Tamilselvan.
chivracq

Re: Extract Serial Number

Post by chivracq » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:59 am

Tamilselvan wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:38 am

Firefox for Windows Ver 56.3.0 (32 bit)
iMacros for FF Ver 8.9.7
OS Windows 7
Good Morning ,

I need to find related record Serial Number while searching particular data randomly. In website have lots of records with serial number but based on CSV file find relevant record's serial number [/color]

TAB T=1
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0
SET !LOOP 2

SET App_Name {{!COL3}}
Find Row.jpg

Manually i tried but.. below code how to use in loop and extract relevant record's serial number

TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:6 
Kindly help me.. Thank You...
Regards,

S.Tamilselvan.

Nothing specific to the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum, and you have a dedicated Sub-Forum about 'Data Extraction' (where this Thread will probably get moved)... Please select the "correct" Sub-Forum when you open a Thread or I don't answer/help... :!:

>>>

Alright I don't know what you have in 'COL_2' and 'COL_3' ad if "TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:{{!COL2}}&&TXT:*{{App_Name}}*" is meant for the same "TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:6" Cell/Element, but you usually don't use the Attribute you want to extract as Search Attribute...

=> Do once a full 'EXTRACT=HTM' on one of those Cells (or look at the HTML Source) to find some "other" Attribute than the 'TXT' Attr., => 'ID' or 'Name', or 'Class' if it's unique or a Combination of several Attributes like in "ATTR=TXT:{{!COL2}}&&TXT:*{{App_Name}}*"..., or maybe easier, and which is usually the Technique to use to extract some Data in a Table, => use 'Relative Positioning'..., on the "TN-06-014..." Cells/Elements. or the "Edit" Buttons in the "Action" Col as 'Anchor'... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tamilselvan

Post by Tamilselvan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:53 pm

Thank you for Reply...
Could we make open edit option by col4, when both Col2 & Col3 are same

SET App_Name {{!COL3}

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:beneficiary_aadhaar_number CONTENT={{!COL4}}
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:34 pm

Tamilselvan wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:53 pm
Thank you for Reply...

SET App_Name {{!COL3}

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:beneficiary_aadhaar_number CONTENT={{!COL4}}

Oh...!, I had not noticed you were using 2x the 'TXT' Attribute in a same 'TAG' Command...! :o

Hum..., interesting, I had never tried that, ah-ah...! OK, I just did some mini-bit of Testing, and iMacros (v8.8.2 for FF on PM v26.3.3) doesn't "complain" about it, and seems to accept it, but hum..., I see that the 2 Attributes get treated as an 'OR' and not as an 'AND' like I would have expected, I think..., so I guess, this "Technique"/"Trick" might get a bit "dangerous", unless that's the Behaviour that you want..., which doesn't seem to be the Case as you mention that you want to check if 'COL_2' = 'COL_3'...

EDIT: Hum-hum-hum..., I had some "Doubts" and I did some further Testing, and..., nope it doesn't "really" work, it is not treated like a 'OR' like I first thought, but only the 2nd one is used, the 1st one gets ignored actually, so that's a completely different Behaviour... And it has therefore no real Use I would think, and it is only rather confusing... :oops:

>>>

Well, I still don't know what do you have in those 2 Cols, you didn't react to my previous Post, but I think it will/might be "safer" to check that Condition using 'EVAL()' to spit out a "1"/"0" for example to reuse with "POS=Rn" to click on the corresponding 'Edit' Button with 'Relative Positioning' which, again, is nearly always the easiest Way to go when you are dealing with a Table... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
Tamilselvan

Post by Tamilselvan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:07 pm

SET !VAR3 EVAL("var z; if('{{!COL2}}'!='{{!COL3}}'){z=1;} else{z=0;}; z;")
TAG POS={{!VAR3}} TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:upd_payment_1
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:bank_id CONTENT=$*{{!COL5}}*
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:branch_id CONTENT=$*{{!COL6}}*
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:ac_number CONTENT={{!COL8}}
ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=OK CONTENT=
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:btn_save
WAIT SECONDS=3
The above code will execute if both condition true...
But Statement is like this ..
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:upd_payment_1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:upd_payment_2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:upd_payment_3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:upd_payment_nth

But i need execute if both conditions are true... open edit option that particular record... doesn't matter N..th Row... Because while running this code will execute after uploaded the records the Position of records has been changed automatically....
Kindly solve this...
Attachments
N-th Rows(2).jpg
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:41 pm

Tamilselvan wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:07 pm

TAG POS={{!VAR3}} TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:upd_payment_1
The above code will execute position of value. But i need change nth Position of Row value
But following Statement like ..
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:upd_payment_1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:upd_payment_2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:upd_payment_3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:upd_payment_nth
Kindly solve this...

Hum..., "Kindly solve this..." sounds rather "commanding"..., I'm helping you finding the/a Solution, but I'm not "at your Service"...! :shock:

Alright, good, your '!VAR3' is indeed what I meant... Good...! :D

Yeah well, I'm not completely sure I understand what you want exactly with "nth", but again, 3rd time I mention it, the easiest Way is to use 'Relative Positioning', => with "POS=R{{!VAR3}}", and you replace the Nb in "upd_payment_nth" with a Wildcard... :idea:

And again, 3rd time also (that you don't answer/react), but I guess you can probably use what you've got in 'COL_2' or 'COL_3' to tag your 'Anchor' for 'R-POS'... :idea:

Another Approach is otherwise to use 'EVAL()' again and to multiply '!LOOP' by your '!VAR3' (hum, and with a "-1" as you have a Header in your DataSource and start '!LOOP' at 2), which will also give you directly the "POS=n" if you don't want to use 'R-POS'...
Hum, I would rather go for 'R-POS' to be honest, the "POS=n" might be "dangerous" and not completely reliable if the Order in your '.csv' and on the Page are not exactly the same, or if some Entries get added/removed on the Page and not in your '.csv' (yet)...

EDIT: I've seen your Edit while I was already typing my Reply, my Reply still stands...
Tamilselvan

Post by Tamilselvan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:54 pm

Yes... correct ....in .csv and the page are not.... same no.of records
in Your '.csv' and on the Page are not exactly the same, or if some Entries get added/removed on the Page and not in your '.csv' (yet)...
Sorry.... for interrupt.
Tamilselvan

Post by Tamilselvan » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:24 pm

As you have suggested the below statement is working
{{!COL1}} is Serial Number or N-th Position of Row

TAG POS={{!COL1}} TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:upd_payment_* 
Full Code...

TAB T=1
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0
SET !LOOP 2

SET App_Name {{!COL3}}

WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:bank_id CONTENT=${{!COL5}}
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:branch_id CONTENT=${{!COL6}}
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:ac_number CONTENT={{!COL8}}
WAIT SECONDS=3

But After every entries made the records has been refreshed and the serial number or N-Row of Position also replaced.
How to solve this... Please help me...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:50 pm

Tamilselvan wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:24 pm
As you have suggested the below statement is working
{{!COL1}} is Serial Number or N-th Position of Row

Full Code...

TAB T=1
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0
SET !LOOP 2

SET App_Name {{!COL3}}

WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:bank_id CONTENT=${{!COL5}}
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:branch_id CONTENT=${{!COL6}}
WAIT SECONDS=3
WAIT SECONDS=3

But After every entries made the records has been refreshed and the serial number or N-Row of Position also replaced.
How to solve this... Please help me...

No, I didn't suggest using '{{!COL1}}' with your SN especially for the 'POS' Param, you are "very lucky" that it "works a bit" in your Case because your SN's are "simplistically" 1/2/3/4/etc... I suggested using 'Relative Positioning' which is the Way to go when dealing with Tables and identifying Cells based on some Anchor that can be used to uniquely identify a Cell/Row, 4th time I mention it, but I still don't see any 'R-POS' in your Script...

And I also mentioned that your "weird" Syntax with 2x a 'TXT' Attribute in a same 'TAG' Statement is NOT working, you should correct that...
Tamilselvan

Post by Tamilselvan » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:23 pm

TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:{{!COL2}}
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:upd_payment_*
its worked me... :D
Col2 is unique value.... some time Col2 & Col3 combined only as unique... How to do...?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:34 pm

Tamilselvan wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:23 pm

TAG POS=R1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:upd_payment_*
its worked me... :D
Col2 is unique value.... some time Col2 & Col3 combined only as unique... How to do...?

Oh...!, finally...! Exactly what I've been telling you "from the beginning"...!

Now you are "only" using "POS=R1" directly, but you need to use "POS=R{{!VAR3}}" with the '!VAR3' that you've previously computed to check when 'COL_2' and 'COL_3' are the same... (That also I had already mentioned/explained...)
Tamilselvan

Post by Tamilselvan » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:57 pm

TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:{{!COL3}}

TAG POS=R{{!VAR3}}  TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:upd_payment_*
Is it Ok... but its execute next row..... because Col3 value has same as next row value but Col1 value is different.. when compare to next row...
Rows Diff. in Column Value Same.jpg
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:21 pm

Tamilselvan wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:57 pm

TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:{{!COL3}}

TAG POS=R{{!VAR3}}  TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:upd_payment_*
Is it Ok... but its execute next row..... because Col3 value has same as next row value but Col1 value is different.. when compare to next row...
Rows Diff. in Column Value Same.jpg

Oh...!, well, if the Col/Cell you are using in the Table on the Webpage as 'Anchor' (and that's your Cell retrieved from your 'COL_3' in your '.csv') is located after (= on the Right or Below) the Element you are actually trying to tag/locate (=> your 'Edit' Button), then you need to use negative 'Relative Positioning' of course...!
=> "POS=R-1" and thus "POS=R-{{!VAR3}}" in your Case...

Your 'TAG' Statement with '{{!COL2}}' has no real Use btw and is not doing anything... The 'R-POS' Statement is always Relative to the last 'TAG' Statement just before in your Script...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:49 pm

chivracq wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:34 pm
Tamilselvan wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:53 pm
Thank you for Reply...

SET App_Name {{!COL3}

Oh...!, I had not noticed you were using 2x the 'TXT' Attribute in a same 'TAG' Command...! :o

Hum..., interesting, I had never tried that, ah-ah...! OK, I just did some mini-bit of Testing, and iMacros (v8.8.2 for FF on PM v26.3.3) doesn't "complain" about it, and seems to accept it, but hum..., I see that the 2 Attributes get treated as an 'OR' and not as an 'AND' like I would have expected, I think..., so I guess, this "Technique"/"Trick" might get a bit "dangerous", unless that's the Behaviour that you want..., which doesn't seem to be the Case as you mention that you want to check if 'COL_2' = 'COL_3'...

EDIT: Hum-hum-hum..., I had some "Doubts" and I did some further Testing, and..., nope it doesn't "really" work, it is not treated like a 'OR' like I first thought, but only the 2nd one is used, the 1st one gets ignored actually, so that's a completely different Behaviour... And it has therefore no real Use I would think, and it is only rather confusing... :oops:

>>>

Well, I still don't know what do you have in those 2 Cols, you didn't react to my previous Post, but I think it will/might be "safer" to check that Condition using 'EVAL()' to spit out a "1"/"0" for example to reuse with "POS=Rn" to click on the corresponding 'Edit' Button with 'Relative Positioning' which, again, is nearly always the easiest Way to go when you are dealing with a Table... :idea:

The behavior that occurs when specifying duplicate attributes in the ATTR parameter has been corrected with the release of iMacros for Chrome 10.1.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:56 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:49 pm
The behavior that occurs when specifying duplicate attributes in the ATTR parameter has been corrected with the release of iMacros for Chrome 10.1.

Yep, good-good...! Was not a very good Practice anyway to use twice a same ATTR as the Behaviour would/could indeed be a little bit "unexpected", ah-ah...! And I didn't see any Use for that "Trick"... :P

And this could only happen with Users manually modifying the 'ATTR' Param, which is always prone to making Errors, and is already a bit of an Advanced Technique, and usually meant actually to simplify/shorten that Param when starting from the Full HTML Recording... :idea:
Going the other way around and starting from a "too short"/"too generic" 'ATTR' Param and adding manually some extra 'ATTR' Param(s) should only be done by (Advanced) Users understanding "a bit correctly" the HTML Structure of the Page/Site/Elements on that Page... :!: