TAG POS changes

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
mastikhor.maddy

TAG POS changes

Post by mastikhor.maddy » Mon May 18, 2020 1:22 am

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)
IMACROS VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR

on some pages another table gets added and the data i want to extract its position changes from 1 to 11
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TD: EXTRACT=TXT
TO
TAG POS=11 TYPE=TD ATTR=TD: EXTRACT=TXT

is there a way to specify which table it should extact from
chivracq

Re: TAG POS changes

Post by chivracq » Mon May 18, 2020 1:52 am

mastikhor.maddy wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:22 am

Code: Select all

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)
IMACROS VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR
on some pages another table gets added and the data i want to extract its position changes from 1 to 11

TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TD: EXTRACT=TXT
TO

is there a way to specify which table it should extact from

Please select the "correct" Sub-Forum when you open a Thread, this one has nothing specific to the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum... :!:
I will ask the Forum Admin to move your Thread to the 'Data Extraction' Sub-Forum where it belongs and will only answer once it has been moved... (And no Need to open a Duplicate now, this is Spam (and a Show-Killer for me to help Users)...) But pay attention next time... (When in doubt, the 'General' Sub-Forum is always OK...)

+ FCIM:
'Free'/'PE' is missing from your FCI..., and your OS also...? :?

But the Answer to your Qt (without Question Mark and with Typo :shock: ), is "YES"... 8)
... And there are several Ways actually, but one is probably the easiest and the simplest, and also the most reliable... (And is completely documented in the Wiki...) :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
mastikhor.maddy

Post by mastikhor.maddy » Mon May 18, 2020 2:24 am

using the free version of imacros on win 10 x64
can u please link me i cant find it, thank you
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon May 18, 2020 2:53 am

mastikhor.maddy wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:24 am
using the

free version of imacros on win 10 x64
can u please link me i cant find it, thank you

OK for FCI... :D

For "the rest", you'll now have to wait until the Thread has been moved to the correct Sub-Forum... (I can't do it myself...) :wink:

Oh...!, one more "Free" Hint: If you read a few (more or less random) Threads from that "correct" Sub-Forum where you should have opened your Thread, you will probably find your Answer also... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri May 22, 2020 1:18 pm

Hum..., @OP, I saw you checking the Forum just a few minutes ago..., and re-hum..., getting the Thread moved to the 'Data Extraction' Sub-Forum by the Forum Admin is taking "a bit long" indeed, and your Thread is not the only one "waiting" for @TechSup, so OK, I'll be "nice" and I will still help you already, without waiting for the "Move", but pay attention next time when you start a New Thread... :wink:

>>>

Then OK, and I hope you follow up..., then..., any Update from your Side...?, did you find the Solution, or at least make some "Progress"...? :?:

(And hum..., if you found the/a Solution by yourself already, which I hope of course, you are then "expected" to share it to finish your Thread also "useful" for other Users without me having to ask you to do so..., otherwise I don't help (anymore) Users who don't share their Solution with the Forum Community... :idea: )

The "Solution" (or one of the Solutions, as there are very probably several possible Solutions/Implementations) to your Scenario is fairly "trivial" to find if you read the Wiki about "Data Extraction" (and especially applied to "Tables"), and/or if you searched the Forum a bit and read a few Threads from the 'Data Extraction' Sub-Forum... I've given the Solution to your Issue/Scenario many times already... 8)
It is one of the "basic" Principles of iMacros when you use iMacros for Data Extraction..., and you've been using iMacros for (at least?) 2 years already, this should be fairly simple for you, I would think... :o
mastikhor.maddy

Post by mastikhor.maddy » Mon May 25, 2020 12:51 am

nope i was not able to find solution for it, even if im using it for 2 years i am very bad at editing or creating macros still
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon May 25, 2020 1:22 am

mastikhor.maddy wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:51 am
nope i was not able to find solution for it, even if im using it for 2 years i am very bad at editing or creating macros still

Ah...?, hum..., OK... Well then..., the probably easiest and most reliable Solution is using 'Relative Positioning', which is anyway one of the "Basic" Principles for Data Extraction, you have a complete Section about it in the Wiki... :idea:

But in a nutshell, your "good" Table probably has a Table Header that is different from the Table Header for the "bad"/extra Table that gets sometimes added in-between, that you can use as 'Anchor' for the "good" Cell that you want to extract to always be tagged with "POS=R1"... :idea:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri May 29, 2020 11:42 am

And...!?, any Progress/Follow-up, 4 days later...? :o

This is taking a bit long, you don't need 4 days to tag an extra Element and change a "POS=1" into "POS=R1"...! :roll:

Oh...!, and as you can see, your Thread got moved to the 'Data Extraction' Sub-Forum by the Forum Admin, Thanks btw..., I don't know what you were "doing" in the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum anymore, a few minutes ago, I don't think you'll find any "interesting"/relevant Threads in that Sub-Forum...! :?
mastikhor.maddy

Post by mastikhor.maddy » Fri May 29, 2020 7:53 pm

i was running into #enaf because i was using inspect element and inserting wrong table, finally figured out that all i had to do was record macro and click on the table to get its name and u were right that was pretty easy thank you for your help
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri May 29, 2020 9:12 pm

mastikhor.maddy wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:53 pm
i was running into #enaf because i was using inspect element and inserting wrong table, finally figured out that all i had to do was record macro and click on the table to get its name and u were right that was pretty easy thank you for your help

Ah, hum, OK, glad it's working now, and you could post your Final/Working Script to make this Thread also a bit "useful" for other Users... :idea:

But OK, never mind, was probably the last time anyway I was trying to help you as I don't find you are using the Forum "correctly"..., with opening your Thread(s) in some "random" Sub-Forum(s), poor/slow Follow-up and I have to "chase" you, not (really) sharing the Solution/Final Script, and I guess you'll probably ask again to get your Thread(s) and Account deleted like you do after nearly each Thread... Then OK, fair enough..., and good luck further with other Advanced Users... :|
mastikhor.maddy

Post by mastikhor.maddy » Sat May 30, 2020 5:40 am

Old

SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 10
SET !ERRORIGNORE NO
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
SET !CLIPBOARD {{!EXTRACT}}

New

SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 10
SET !ERRORIGNORE NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Recently<SP>Sold<SP>For
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TD: EXTRACT=TXT
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat May 30, 2020 9:26 am

mastikhor.maddy wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:40 am
Old

SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 10
SET !ERRORIGNORE NO
New

SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 10
SET !ERRORIGNORE NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Recently<SP>Sold<SP>For
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TD: EXTRACT=TXT

Ah...!?, alright, good...!, Hum..., I'm nearly "impressed"...! Thanks...! :D

You were probably a bit "lucky" with this "Recently Sold For" 'DIV' Element unless it is located outside the Table, (pity you never posted the URL for that Page, or at least a Screenshot, to be able to "see' the HTML Structure of that Page, with and without the "extra" Table...), or maybe you had to try a few different Elements as 'Anchor' until you found one that "worked", as when tagging a 'DIV' Element as 'Anchor' for 'Relative Positioning', iMacros will often "catch" a "Containing" 'DIV' that will actually also contain the 'R-POS' Element you "really" want to tag and you then have to use 'Double Relative Positioning' instead of 'Relative Positioning'...
But you "managed" to avoid this Case... Good... 8)

>>>

Using the '!CLIPBOARD' Var and your OS Clipboard to store the Content of an/the 'EXTRACT' is usually "not the Best Practice" unless you are going to reuse that Extract outside the Browser, which is very rarely the Case, and that's a "Mistake" that strangely many "Newbies" do with iMacros... :o , but OK, that's "another Story", and you've had already 2 years to "practice" with iMacros... :|