How to automate links clicking from Sheets to browser?

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
chivracq

Re: How to automate links clicking from Sheets to browser?

Post by chivracq » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:51 pm

Moshep wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:01 pm
Hi chivracq, I know I'm nudging here - but can you please assist with that issue?
It seems like we solved almost all the problems, and we need a little push to the finish line.
LMK if you can help. Thanks!

Oh...!, yep indeed, sorry, I had seen your previous Reply, hum nearly 1 week ago already, but I couldn't reply "directly" at that time, and then got caught up in "other things", ah-ah...!, and new Threads keep coming to the Forum also, of course...

So, OK, the Script is now "working a bit", good-good...!

You didn't post "which" Script is now working, you may want to "confirm" that you are now using the one with...?:

Code: Select all

SET !LOOP 1
TAG POS={{!LOOP}} TYPE=A ATTR=HREF:*www.linkedin.com/*
The "SET !LOOP 1" is not "really" needed, as this is already the Default, '!LOOP' will always/"normally" start at "1", but that Line can be "handy" for Testing, and I had used it for example to "quickly reach" a Row in your GS with "/school/" of "/showcase/", so for example with "SET !LOOP 15" + "20" for the Looping in the iMacros Side-Panel, with only 6 Loops, I was able to check for "/company/" + "/school/" + "/showcase/" + Chinese/Japanese URL's... :idea:

That the Looping starts at Row_180 is pretty strange... This would be the Behaviour if you had "SET !LOOP 180" (or "178", as I'm sure if you mean Row_180 in the GS, or Row_180 of Data, which will be Row_182 in the GS as the first Row of Data/URL starts at Row_3 in the GS), and then looping the Script with a Nb >180 (=> 200 for example) in the Side-Panel...
BUT..., you are using the 'Free' Version, and the Max-Nb you can select in the Side-Panel is Loop=100, you cannot go above >100 in the 'Free' Version! :?

>>>

Then concerning the "ember386" or whatever Nb, yep-yep, I'm not surprised, Sites like 'LinkedIn' and all/most Social Media Sites "like" to use Dynamic ID's, that will keep changing upon each Reload of the Page, so you have to use some different "Technique" to identify and tag those Elements, by either using Wildcards for the changing part in the ID (but 'POS' will also probably be affected), and/or using/adding some extra Attribute(s) like the 'CLASS', and/or using 'Relative Positioning' as those Elements will often have some Text Label/Element associated or displayed very close to the Elements you want to tag.

>>>

And for iMacros not being to record again, that I don't know, this is "strange"... You could also try the 'EVENT' Mode also... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...