Imacro !var0-9 i only get 123?

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Jeremy lessig

Imacro !var0-9 i only get 123?

Post by Jeremy lessig » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:30 am

Cant set !var4 says unsupported? This is what i get y i thought these where usable up to 9?
chivracq

Re: Imacro !var0-9 i only get 123?

Post by chivracq » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:48 am

Jeremy lessig wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:30 am
Cant set !var4 says unsupported? This is what i get y i thought these where usable up to 9?

Hum, Thread approved, but the "Quality" is pretty "Low"..., => maybe an "Idea" when you join a Tech Forum, to read the Forum Rules...! :idea: :wink:
=> Thread has probably nothing specific to the 'Data Extraction' Sub-Forum, correct Sub-Forum would have been the 'General' one... (But no Need to duplicate now...)

CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig also... + the Forum Rules...)
(And mentioning your FCI will probably give the Solution/Explanation to your "Issue"...! 8) )

+ Maybe an Idea also to post your Script, then "we" could see how you are trying to use/declare your Var(s)..., and what "Mistake" you might be doing... :idea:
... But if you squeeze as many Typos in all Commands like you managed to do with x3 in "iMacros" (correct Spelling btw), then hum..., maybe I'm not surprised... :shock:
Same with iMacros Commands and Built-in Vars, even if most are Case Insensitive indeed, but the "Convention", (also helps for the "Readability" of your Script, especially if you need some Help on the Forum), is to use All-Uppercase for those... (and to keep Lowercase or a Mix of Lowercase + Uppercase for your User-defined Vars...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Jeremy lessig

Post by Jeremy lessig » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:08 am

VERSION BUILD=10021450
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:smg360LoginButton
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:WTD
Wait seconds=10
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(3)>TD>SPAN" EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(3)>TD:nth-of-type(3)" EXTRACT=TXT
ADD !VAR1 <SP>{{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(5)>TD>SPAN" EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR2 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(5)>TD:nth-of-type(3)" EXTRACT=TXT
ADD !VAR2 <SP>{{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(7)>TD>SPAN" EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR3 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(7)>TD:nth-of-type(3)" EXTRACT=TXT
ADD !VAR3 <SP>{{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAB T=2
URL GOTO=https://
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Choose
TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:{{!VAR1}}
TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Choose
TAG POS=3 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:{{!VAR2}}
TAG POS=3 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Choose
TAG POS=4 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:{{!VAR3}}
TAB T=1
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(9)>TD>SPAN" EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(9)>TD:nth-of-type(3)" EXTRACT=TXT
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(11)>TD>SPAN" EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR2 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(11)>TD:nth-of-type(3)" EXTRACT=TXT
TAB T=2
TAG POS=4 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Choose
TAG POS=5 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:{{!VAR1}}
TAG POS=5 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Choose

ff85.02

all i really want to do is extract data from a site and past to a google sheet
yet only answer i can find to do that is to submit the info thru a google form
Jeremy lessig

Post by Jeremy lessig » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:25 am

sry windows 10
ff85.02
imacros 10.0.2
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:32 am

Jeremy lessig wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:08 am

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=10021450

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:smg360LoginButton
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:WTD
Wait seconds=10
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(3)>TD>SPAN" EXTRACT=TXT 
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}} 
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(3)>TD:nth-of-type(3)" EXTRACT=TXT
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(5)>TD>SPAN" EXTRACT=TXT 
SET !VAR2 {{!EXTRACT}} 
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(5)>TD:nth-of-type(3)" EXTRACT=TXT
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(7)>TD>SPAN" EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR3 {{!EXTRACT}} 
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(7)>TD:nth-of-type(3)" EXTRACT=TXT
ADD !VAR3 <SP>{{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

TAB T=2
URL GOTO=https://
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Choose
TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:{{!VAR1}}
TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Choose
TAG POS=3 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:{{!VAR2}}
TAG POS=3 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Choose
TAG POS=4 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:{{!VAR3}}

TAB T=1
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(9)>TD>SPAN" EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}} 
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(9)>TD:nth-of-type(3)" EXTRACT=TXT
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(11)>TD>SPAN" EXTRACT=TXT 
SET !VAR2 {{!EXTRACT}} 
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG SELECTOR="#ctl00_TheContentPlaceHolder_TheReportViewerControl_TheReportViewerBridgeControl_ctl01_GridView1>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(11)>TD:nth-of-type(3)" EXTRACT=TXT

TAB T=2
TAG POS=4 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Choose
TAG POS=5 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:{{!VAR1}}
TAG POS=5 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Choose

ff85.02
all i really want to do is extract data from a site and past to a google sheet
yet only answer i can find to do that is to submit the info thru a google form

Script posted, OK, that helps already quite a bit to understand what you want to do, good-good...! :D

But you kind of missed/ignored the "CIM" Part..., which now becomes "FCIM", ah-ah...!, and the "F" stands for "FULL"...!
=> FCI...?:

iMacros for FF v10.0.2, 'Free'/'PE'...?, FF v85.0.2, OS...?
=> Everywhere where there is a '?', I miss some Info..., in case you don't "get the Msg", ah-ah...! :P

>>>

EDIT..., as you've added some Info in the meantime:
sry

windows 10
ff85.02
imacros 10.0.2
=> OK..., nearly there..., I only miss the 'Free'/'PE' Info now... :?:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
Jeremy lessig

Post by Jeremy lessig » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:39 am

Free
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:19 am

Jeremy lessig wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:39 am

Free

Oh...!, wonderful, we finally have your FCI...! :D

iMacros for FF v10.0.2 'Free', FF85, Win10.
Well, that Info actually belongs to your OP wen you open a New Thread (or post for the first time in some existing Thread), and preferably at the very top of your OP, (and not scattered through several Posts), this is the first Info I/"we" (Advanced Users and @TechSup) need about your Environment... And for myself, I don't even read the Qt and certainly don't answer if FCI is not mentioned..., I won't go through the same "Hassle", "next time"... :idea:

>>>

Yeah well, then if you are using v10.0.2 for FF 'Free', beeeeh...!, the Answer is simply documented in the Wiki...:
The extension corresponds to the free version, which can be used for non-commercial purposes to record and replay small macros stored as bookmarks. Some iMacros features are only available with a Personal Edition (or higher) license. This includes file access to play macro files, read/write CSV files, and other extended functionality as detailed in the table below:

[...]
And you also have a Link on the "free version" Words which leads to the 'Feature Comparison Chart' where you can find all the Limitations of the 'Free' Version(s) vs the Full Version(s) (=> 'PE' = 'Personal Edition'):
Use of Variables: up to 3 variables
... => Which is exactly why you found out that you can only use '!VAR[1-3]' in your Script. :P

>>>

Some other Limitations for the 'Free' Version(s) are that you can only use 50 Lines in your Script, you cannot use User-defined Vars, and you can also only loop a Script Max 100 times.
And several Commands/Functionality are not supported, like the 'SAVEAS' Command to save your Extracted Data to a Local '.csv' File, ... which is already probably the Reason you chose to save that Data to some online GoogleSheet, ah-ah...! :wink:

You would probably make your Life much easier if you took a 'PE' License, rather than trying to work around all Limitations from the 'Free' Version, ah-ah...! :|
Jeremy lessig

Post by Jeremy lessig » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:25 am

No the reason I wanted to save to Google sheet
It’s not because of the limitations it’s because I can use that sheet in an app I built and the data needs to be in a google sheet.
I thought it might be the limitations on the var but i didn't see it say that was one of them. I work with google sheet and excell code not this code. I have only been working with it for 4 days im not going buy a license for something I don’t know how to use.So I think the better choice still to teach myself the programming and then decide it is worth spending the money for a license for one script.
techimac

Post by techimac » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:07 pm

use palemoon browser and iMacros 8.9.7

google the links
your issues will be solved

if website works with palemoon browser
Available for custom iim, javascript iMacros scripts