Looking for a person able to scrape Crunchbase VC information

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Jan_kucera

Looking for a person able to scrape Crunchbase VC information

Post by Jan_kucera » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:20 pm

Hey Guys,
I am looking for a person/group of people, able to scrape Crunchbase Investor/VC Data. What exactly should the database look like? We need these fields: Company Name, Type of Investor, Url, Logo, Thesis, all past ticket sizes and rounds they participate in, Founded year, number of funds, number of investments, number of exits, number of lead investments. And info to all their companies in portfolio.

So If there is anyone who can do that, please hit me up with a questions and I will gladly go over it with you in detail (I can share the exact scraping steps with you over email later.)
Let's discuss the pricing over email as well. Reply here with your email and first name, and I will get back to you to open the discussion and clarify whether we can find a way to cooperate.

Thanks for your attention, have a great rest of the day!
Jan
chivracq

Re: Looking for a person able to scrape Crunchbase VC information

Post by chivracq » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:29 pm

Jan_kucera wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:20 pm
Hey Guys,
I am looking for a person/group of people, able to scrape Crunchbase Investor/VC Data. What exactly should the database look like? We need these fields: Company Name, Type of Investor, Url, Logo, Thesis, all past ticket sizes and rounds they participate in, Founded year, number of funds, number of investments, number of exits, number of lead investments. And info to all their companies in portfolio.

So If there is anyone who can do that, please hit me up with a questions and I will gladly go over it with you in detail (I can share the exact scraping steps with you over email later.)
Let's discuss the pricing over email as well. Reply here with your email and first name, and I will get back to you to open the discussion and clarify whether we can find a way to cooperate.

Thanks for your attention, have a great rest of the day!
Jan

Alright, Thread approved, and the 'Data Extraction' Sub-Forum is indeed the "correct" Sub-Forum for the Functionality that you want, but hum..., you could actually "better" have opened it (directly) in the 'iMacros Consultants' Sub-Forum if you want to "reach" iMacros Developers as I don't think (m)any will be monitoring the 'Data Extraction' Sub-Forum, while they would get some Automatic Notification when a New Thread is created in the 'iMacros Consultants' one... :idea:

I could ask the Forum Admin to move your Thread, but that won't trigger the Notifs anymore... :(
=> OK, "normally" not allowed, but you can open a Duplicate in the 'iMacros Consultants' Sub-Forum, and I will "later" ask the Forum Admin to delete or merge this one with the "Duplicate" in the 'Consultants' Sub-Forum... 8)

And PM is not enabled on the Forum, if you want Developers to contact you "directly", you can include some Email Address or 'Skype' Username in your Post/Sig/Profile.
Post and Sig get indexed by Search Engines, Profiles do not get seen (and indexed) by Search Engines..., only Registered Users (+ Logged in) can see a Profile... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Jan_kucera

Post by Jan_kucera » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:18 am

Hey thanks for letting me know, I have created new one in the forum you suggested, thanks a lot!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:13 pm

Jan_kucera wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:18 am
Hey thanks for letting me know, I have created new one in the forum you suggested, thanks a lot!

Ah OK good..., as I was going to withdraw my "Offer" (to create a Duplicate) today if you still had not reacted 2 days after opening your Thread... :o

But OK, all is good now, and here is a Link to the now "main" Thread in the 'iMacros Consultants' Sub-Forum... :D
And I'll ask the Forum Admin (in a few days) to delete or merge this one..., well "merge" I think, as I might want to "reuse" the Explanation I gave about Notifs sent to "Watchers" of a Sub-Forum...

And post some mini-Update in the "other" Thread once you'll have found a Developer to take the Project... (And I guess you'll then want to remove your Email Address, or it will be indexed by Search Engines, and chances are some Spammers will "find" it, ah-ah...!) :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...