Code to Extract selected values in Dropdown menu

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
saravananp

Code to Extract selected values in Dropdown menu

Post by saravananp » Mon May 16, 2022 7:29 am

Hi.
I am new to macro.

My url is as mentioned below.

https://sme.policybazaar.com/GHIPlans?e ... 1LUT09&v=2

I wanted to extract the the values already selected in drop down menu. (please note, I wanted to extract already selected value. I dont want to select the any new value)

i.e. Value selected under Drop down menu

1) "Sum insured"
2) "Maternity Benefits"
3) "Room Rent Limits"
4) "Pre Existing Disease"

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=1011 
URL GOTO=https://sme.policybazaar.com/GHIPlans?enquiryid=QnQwMmVQcXNOYkp1QlBObXl4VE1LUT09&v=2
TAG SELECTOR="#root>DIV>MAIN>DIV>DIV>DIV:*>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV>svg>path" EXTRACT=TXT
‘TAG SELECTOR="#mb"
chivracq

Re: Code to Extract selected values in Dropdown menu

Post by chivracq » Mon May 16, 2022 10:40 am

saravananp wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 7:29 am
Hi.
I am new to macro.

My url is as mentioned below.

https://sme.policybazaar.com/GHIPlans?e ... 1LUT09&v=2

I wanted to extract the the values already selected in drop down menu. (please note, I wanted to extract already selected value. I dont want to select the any new value)

i.e. Value selected under Drop down menu

1) "Sum insured"
2) "Maternity Benefits"
3) "Room Rent Limits"
4) "Pre Existing Disease"

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=1011 
URL GOTO=https://sme.policybazaar.com/GHIPlans?enquiryid=QnQwMmVQcXNOYkp1QlBObXl4VE1LUT09&v=2
TAG SELECTOR="#root>DIV>MAIN>DIV>DIV>DIV:*>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV>svg>path" EXTRACT=TXT
‘TAG SELECTOR="#mb"

"Securing" this one before you delete it if you manage to solve your Issue "in the meantime", instead of sharing the Sol, like you did with your previous Thread... :shock: , ... that you'll first have to finish "correctly and useful for other Users and the Community" for me to answer this one... :idea:

And then, again like in your previous Thread, I asked you to read the Forum Rules (and my Sig) and to mention your FCI, to which you didn't really comply in the 1st Thread, but OK, I was "nice" and still answered it, now you'll need to mention your FCI in this current one for me to answer it... :idea:
=> (F)CIM...! :mrgreen: (Explained in my Sig again...)

=> And edit your OP (Opening Post) to add that Info (preferably at the very top of your OP), this is the first Info "we" (Advanced Users and @TechSup) need about a Thread..., without having to have to "scan" through the whole Thread to find out if "maybe", the User mentioned their FCI "somewhere in the middle of their Thread"... :!:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
saravananp

Re: Code to Extract selected values in Dropdown menu

Post by saravananp » Tue May 17, 2022 3:22 pm

I am sorry. But can you explain what is FCI?

u mean below details?

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Pro

iMacros for Firefox