iMacros can no longer extract data???

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
danhinz

iMacros can no longer extract data???

Post by danhinz » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:56 pm

I've been using iMacros w/great success for at least 6 months. In this particular case, I submit data from excel to a website. It waits for the website to respond and then retrieves some data which then goes back into excel.

Today the data is submitted to the website and the data I want does not come back from the website. However, if I go to the website in either FF or IE with the same request, the data does come back. If I go to the website in the iMacros browser manually, I can't get the data either.

It appears as if the website is blocking data requests from iM browsers? Is there a way for me "impersonate" either IE or FF so I can extract data from the web page?

website is zillow.com
If you would like some sample data that works in IE or FF
"149 Hayes Dr" for address
"San Jose, CA" for City, State

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions
Dan
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:06 pm

I made a small demo macro for zillow, and it works without problem:

Embedded macro

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=6000918 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://www.zillow.com/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:formSearchBar ATTR=ID:addrstrthood CONTENT=149<SP>Hayes<SP>Dr
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:formSearchBar ATTR=ID:citystatezip CONTENT=San<SP>Jose,<SP>CA
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=ID:GOButton&&TXT:<BR>	
danhinz

Thank you

Post by danhinz » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:48 pm

Thanks for your work.

I have a line immediately after the "BUTTON" line that was WAITING 5 seconds. I changed that to #ONDOWNLOADCOMPLETE# and that has restored some results. Today it retrieved about 5 of 20 records, the others failed. It's most likely an issue w/zillow responding slowly.

Since my button line was recorded in 5.22 I'll update it to the new syntax...

Thank you again.
glhjch

Error using Imacros Browser

Post by glhjch » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:18 pm

If I run the following script from within IE it works perfectly. If I attempt to run it within the Imacros browser it will not work. It treats it as an unsupported browser.
glhjch

Macro

Post by glhjch » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:19 pm

VERSION BUILD=6000918 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://www.zillow.com/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:formSearchBar ATTR=ID:addrstrthood CONTENT={{ADDR}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:formSearchBar ATTR=ID:citystatezip CONTENT={{ZIP}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=ID:GOButton