question: is there a simple way to search HTML for a string

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
awakebutnot

question: is there a simple way to search HTML for a string

Post by awakebutnot » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:02 pm

i want to run a macro, then check if a condition exists when i reach a certain point in the macro. i understand how to use the condition operators, but what if i want to check for the condition that the CURRENT PAGE contains a specific string, called, say string x. let x = "the text i'm looking for in the HTML page". specifically, checking this text verifies some things for me but also it becomes useful in certain contexts, such as "did i successfully log in?" and i can add error handling ect.

a brief code snippet giving a simple .vbs example would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Austin Barnes
awakebutnot

sorry, i found the solution on my own.

Post by awakebutnot » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:09 pm

for future reference, i used google.com to search your site, using the following query:

"site:iopus.com search"

(no quotes)

it was the third result:

http://www.iopus.com/iim/help/index.htm ... eyword.htm

Thanks anyway!
Austin