txtall saveas

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jimwelchok

txtall saveas

Post by jimwelchok » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:08 pm

My CSV file is just one long string. I was hoping for commas or newlines :(

Code: Select all

TAB T=1
FILEDELETE NAME=presbytery.csv
URL GOTO=http://www.pcusa.org/search/churches/default.jsp
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:church_search.jsp  EXTRACT=TXTALL ATTR=NAME:pby_select
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=presbytery.csv
The file contents (truncated):

Code: Select all

"(select one)AbingdonAlaskaAlbanyArkansasAtlantic Korean-American"
iMacro 6.0.5.4 for Firefox 3.0 - Windows XP
Wearing a Coat and Tie is a SIN against God and Man!
Tech Support

Re: txtall saveas

Post by Tech Support » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:14 pm

I confirmed this issue. There should be a [OPTION] tag between each selection. It will be fixed soon.

Please note that the command works well in the iMacros Browser and iMacros for Internet Explorer.

Example output:

"[Option]Alabama[Option]Alaska[Option]Arizona[Option]Arkansas[Option]California[Option]Colorado[Option]Connecticut[Option]Delaware[Option]District of Columbia[Option]Florida[Option]Georgia[Option]Hawaii[Option]Idaho[Option]Illinois[Option]Indiana[Option]Iowa[Option]Kansas[Option]Kentucky[Option]Louisiana[Option]Maine[Option]Maryland[Option]Massachusetts[Option]Michigan[Option]Minnesota[Option]Mississippi[Option]Missouri[Option]Montana[Option]Nebraska[Option]Nevada[Option]New Hampshire[Option]New Jersey[Option]New Mexico[Option]New York[Option]North Carolina[Option]North Dakota[Option]Ohio[Option]Oklahoma[Option]Oregon[Option]Pennsylvania[Option]Puerto Rico[Option]Rhode Island[Option]South Carolina[Option]South Dakota[Option]Tennessee[Option]Texas[Option]Utah[Option]Vermont[Option]Virginia[Option]Washington[Option]West Virginia[Option]Wisconsin[Option]Wyoming[Option]"
my2testing

Re: txtall saveas

Post by my2testing » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:55 am

1.TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT ATTR=NAME:cotype EXTRACT=TXTALL

Extracted Text: #ERROR#

2.TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT ATTR=NAME:cotype EXTRACT=ALL
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT ATTR=NAME:cotype EXTRACT=TXT

Extracted Text= first option