Extraction wizard

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
PeterM

Extraction wizard

Post by PeterM » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:09 am

I'm evaluating Internet Macros Scripting edition. I'm trying to extract from this tag:

<td align="right" class=""> ?0,30 </td>

just the:

?0,30

It looks pretty simple, but I have tried (without success) everything that I could think about.

I though this should work:

EXTRACT POS=1 TYPE=TXT ATTR=<td align="right" class="">*

But it doesn't. What am I doing wrong? Can you please tell me what would be the command to use to extract that text. I will see it clear then. I'm looking forward to your answer
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:14 am

Your EXTRACT command looks correct. Is this a framed website? In this case you need to put the FRAME command before the EXTRACT command, so the EXTRACT command knows in which frame to look for the data.

Example:

Code: Select all

FRAME F=3
EXTRACT POS=1 TYPE=TXT ATTR=<td align="right" class="">* 
PeterM

Post by PeterM » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:33 am

You are correct, that was the problem.

Everything works flawlessly now, thanks!