overwrite a previously extracted variable

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
inzain

overwrite a previously extracted variable

Post by inzain » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:31 am

ok im extracting stuff fine, and it makes the file or appends it if it allready exists, what im trying to do tho is, extract data to a file which i can do with normal extract, BUT what im trying to do is the next time i run the same macro i want it to NOT append the csv file, i want to overwrite the data in it, or is there a way to delete the file with the macro or what? thanks kindly in advance.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:22 pm

Hi,

yes, there is a way of deleting files in a macro. To quote the help file:

FILEDELETE NAME=abc.csv
Deletes file with name "abc.csv". For example, this can be used to delete an old extraction file to avoid appending extraction results.

Regards
---
Lasse Clausen, iOpus Support
inzain

thanks

Post by inzain » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:51 pm

perfect thanks a ton. VERY NICE APP btw really seriously thinking about buying it, would definately if i wasnt low income :( but im considering it.
being a disabled vet i only have so much to spend hehe anyhow very good job on this thanks for the quick reply.