Lockout/Freeze trouble

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Komak57

Lockout/Freeze trouble

Post by Komak57 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:35 pm

I've been customizing scripts for a few of my friends and came across a few problems that need extra assistance. I've narrowed my problem down and can give you the sources to illustrate this problem.

Note that this script was edited to go under the 'iMacros/Macros/App' folder.

LockdownTest.js

Code: Select all

while (1) {
  for(var i=1; i < 10; i++) {
    iimPlay("App/Tasks/ExtractData");
    var Data=iimGetLastExtract(1);
  }
  iimDisplay("Data: ["+Data+"]");
}
ExtractData.iim

VERSION BUILD=6111213 RECORDER=FX

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=ID:txt EXTRACT=TXT
Test.html

<head>
<title>iMacros Test ~Komak57</title>
</head>

<body>
Extract Test <input type="text" value="This gets Extracted" id="txt" /><br>
</body>
While running, it will ultimately freeze under 'ExtractData.iim' and in the case it doesn't, if you attempt to [stop] it while under the subscript, you are locked out from iMacros access (unable to Record, Play, or Edit any data) until you completely close Firefox and all windows.

what is odd, is that it doesn't always lock up on the first run, and whats even more strange, is that depending on the Javascript length, it may freeze on while(1).

ADDED: Jan 10, 2009 - 9:45pm
My question would be along the lines of, how do i fix this, and/or what is causing this?
Tech Support

Re: Lockout/Freeze trouble

Post by Tech Support » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:47 pm

We will test this, but please be a bit patient. We've been swamped with work over the last days.
Tech Support

Re: Lockout/Freeze trouble

Post by Tech Support » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:06 am

We could not recreate the issue, but please retest with V6.2.1.3, I am sure that will solve the issue. It contains many changes and improvements in the replay engine.