TAG POS Very slow to know tag not exists

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
cookies

TAG POS Very slow to know tag not exists

Post by cookies » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:48 pm

I need to check for appearance of a word on web page.
Then I use TAG command.
It seem iMacro fast only when the word is there.
otherwise it show 1 minute countdown and show error message.
how can i make it faster?
att

Re: TAG POS Very slow to know tag not exists

Post by att » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:11 pm

is there a possible workaround for this ?
Thanks
How to configure Cisco Routers
www.ittrainingexpert.info
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:35 pm

Hello,

iMacros waits for the tag to appear or timeout. If you know the page does not take long to load, and in case the tag takes long to appear it is just not there, then you can decrease the tag timeout.
att

Post by att » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:20 am

Thanks for the reply.
http://wiki.imacros.net/!TIMEOUT says

2. After the page is loaded, iMacros checks for the element on the page. If the element is not found, it waits one second and then re-checks the page!. It does this until the TAG timeout value is reached. It is always 1/10 of the regular timeout (default is 6s). So if you increase the regular timeout to 360s, the TAG timeout will be 36s.

Q1.
is there a way to disable this "1 second wait and the re-check" for tags (if tag not found) ?, with the previous versions of imacro, the scripts used to be a lot faster !

Q2.
When was this second check added ?
I tried using version 6.0.6.9, works perfectly ! without the tagwait,
Unfortunately my new scripts written for the latest version are not backward compatible with version 6.0.6.9

Thanks in advance.
att

Post by att » Sun May 24, 2009 3:40 am

Sorry to bump !
Is there a solution to this issue ?

Is there a way to disable the "1 second wait and the re-check" for tags (if tag not found) ?,
as in http://wiki.imacros.net/!TIMEOUT

I've written a C# program with multithreading , still the overall execution is a lot slower because of this issue.
Please help
leo

Post by leo » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:45 am

Any ideas on how to disable the "re-check"?
danielgraber

Post by danielgraber » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:34 pm

I'm running in to the same issue. My version 6.9 was MUCH faster running my iMacros and now, it is acting like it needs to "report" for each Tag item it can't find.

Has there been a resolution to this? The TimeOut line didn't work - it still reports each unfound Tag line in each line. I would've expected this to be MUCH faster in v7. But now, I'm not a major fan of v7 because of this although I SO want the unlimited Column capability but I will not sacrifice speed, of which I was so familiar with in 6.9 because of each Tagline. Imagine a Macro that has over 1000 lines in it!!! We are looking at least 16 minutes of processing time when it took only a minute (if that) running the 6.9.

Please advise. I've done the Timeout at 1 which still puts the 1 second rule on each line. I agree, isn't there a way to remove the Timeout completely?? It's the one second per line I can not endure.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:25 am

In our tests iMacros 7 it is not slow, but I do not want to rule out a bug either.

Can you please post the macro that creates the problem? This would allow us to quickly re-create the issue on our test systems.