SAVEAS doesn't work well for all web pages

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
tata668

SAVEAS doesn't work well for all web pages

Post by tata668 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:18 pm

Using "SAVEAS TYPE=MHT|CPL|HTM|TXT" with a webpage that is not completely valid doesn't work (using the imacros browser).

Take this webpage source:

Code: Select all

<table id="xxxxx" class="yyy" border="0"><tr><td>hello</td></tr></table>            

There is no DOCTYPE, no head or body parts. But this is a page I sometimes get and that I need to save! The only way to save such kind of pages is to use SAVEAS TYPE="BMP". The problem is that the page is loaded in TAB 2, not TAB 1 (and I can't use TAB 1 for it), so I get the refresh issue you list on the SAVEAS page:
Note: In the iMacros Browser we recommend to use TAB=1 for the screenshots, on other tabs a page refresh is done by iMacros before it takes the screenshot. This might cause problems with some web applications (This issue will be fixed ASAP, but please note that everything works ok if you use the first tab for the screenshot).
Do you know a way to save invalid webpage, using the imacros browser and type MHT or CPL?

Thank you.
tata668

Re: SAVEAS doesn't work well for all web pages

Post by tata668 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:44 pm

Update:

SAVEAS TYPE="CPL" works in Firefox, even with incomplete webpages.
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:45 am

Thanks for the report and your update.

However, I cannot reproduce this problem. When recording your "page", the following macro is created that works (and saves the page) just fine:

SAVEAS TYPE=CPL FOLDER=* FILE=+_{{!NOW:yyyymmdd_hhnnss}}  
tata668

Post by tata668 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:33 am

Hannes, iOpus wrote:Thanks for the report and your update.

However, I cannot reproduce this problem. When recording your "page", the following macro is created that works (and saves the page) just fine:

SAVEAS TYPE=CPL FOLDER=* FILE=+_{{!NOW:yyyymmdd_hhnnss}}  
Thanks for the reply. I switched to firefox now so it's not a problem anymore, anyway!
tiffanym

Post by tiffanym » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:53 pm

On your SAVEAS page in the iMacros Wiki Manual, it states that the issue with using SAVEAS=BMP on a TAB other than TAB=1 will result in a page refresh AND that this issue will be fixed ASAP.

I need to use the SAVEAS=BMP command on a Macro I am developing. I can not use the SAVEAS=CPL command.

I am using the iMacros Browser version 6.90.

Is there any update on fixing this issue?
Thank you!