Merge Multiple Csv Files

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Marlon

Merge Multiple Csv Files

Post by Marlon » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:52 am

I have situation where I am sure many have encountered and I'd like to share a solution. I have a macro that scrapes data from a page and data is downloaded to a csv file for each set of data. I needed to download a total of 3000+ csv files. My problem was - how do I merge these files into one file so that I can sort the data. I am not an excel expert so I went looking for a solution on the web since this forum did not offer a solution.

I was able to merge all my csv files into one file with bulk file merger. This neat little application combined the csv files in seconds. I just wanted to share this with the board.
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: Merge Multiple Csv Files

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:37 am

Not sure whether you need to buy a software for that, cf. http://www.google.com/search?q=concaten ... tiple+file