Extract Google Search URLS

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
godmode

Extract Google Search URLS

Post by godmode » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:08 am

Hi, I'm trying to extract the search result url's from a google search. However, I am having massive problems targeting the site because of the variable number of adds Google displays. Also, sometimes there are things like pictures, youtube videos etc that pop up. Any solution to this?
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: Extract Google Search URLS

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:33 am

You will need a TAG with wildcards for every kind of result, then loop through them via the POS variable.
LAPIII

Post by LAPIII » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:13 am

1. Can give me an example?
  2. What did you mean by:
    Hannes, iOpus wrote:..every kind of result.
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:23 am

The Google list of results is not homogeneous.
E.g. there are
- news results
- youtube results
- payed ads results

Each of them uses a different HTML encoding, so "working through the list" means covering all these alternatives.