can i automatically create a local folder

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
TLUMPKIN

can i automatically create a local folder

Post by TLUMPKIN » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:58 pm

can i automatically create a local folder with a name of the data i have extracted from a field

right now i manually pre-create a folder on our office nas drive, that has a name that is the same as the contents of the extracted field
i then put local files that i want associated with the extracted fields contents in the folder
i am able to use a macro to goto=file to open this folder when i visit the web page
can i automatically create these folder using imacros
the data in the extracted field changer often so would be nice if the folder creation could be automated

any help would be appreciated
thanks tlumpkin

i am using imacros for fire fox
Last edited by TLUMPKIN on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel, Tech Support

Re: can i automatically create a local folder

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:06 pm

Hello, which version of iMacros are you using? Is it iMacros browser or iMacros for Firefox?

Regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support
TLUMPKIN

Post by TLUMPKIN » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:31 pm

i am using imacros for fire fox
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:14 am

Hello,

You would do it in a programming/scripting language, using the Web Scripting Interface in the full version of iMacros. In Firefox however the add-ons have limited access to the file system. I guess you could use Java for this as described here:
http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&p=26666

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support