IE IIMrunner imacros browser

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
petrull

IE IIMrunner imacros browser

Post by petrull » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:55 pm

Hello,

i have a reoccuring on a server where i run my imacrosscript. so i have the IIMrunner up and i make demands for it tu run scrupts using the imacros browser. i got a limit set there to 12 instances of imacros running simultaniously but for some reason IE Browsers keep opening and tabs keeps beeing added to these browsers. on my local computer i cant simulate this problem IE it has never happened that i am running ascript on the imacros browsers wich opens up a webpace on an externa IE browser. Can anyone relate to this issue and do you have any idea of how to solve it. at this Point the amount of tabs in the IE browsers slows down the server enough for it to cause major issues. Please help if you can i am out of ideas.

Kind Regards
Petrull
chivracq

Re: IE IIMrunner imacros browser

Post by chivracq » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:35 am

petrull wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:55 pm
Hello,

i have a reoccuring on a server where i run my imacrosscript. so i have the IIMrunner up and i make demands for it tu run scrupts using the imacros browser. i got a limit set there to 12 instances of imacros running simultaniously but for some reason IE Browsers keep opening and tabs keeps beeing added to these browsers. on my local computer i cant simulate this problem IE it has never happened that i am running ascript on the imacros browsers wich opens up a webpace on an externa IE browser. Can anyone relate to this issue and do you have any idea of how to solve it. at this Point the amount of tabs in the IE browsers slows down the server enough for it to cause major issues. Please help if you can i am out of ideas.

Kind Regards
Petrull

Thread Title a bit vague, "IE IIMrunner imacros browser", then hum, OK, what is the Pb...? :?

CIM...! :mrgreen: Read my Sig, and maybe the Forum Rules (again)... :idea:

Threads related to 'IIMRunner' belong to the 'Scripting Interface' Sub-Forum, I would think... (But no need to duplicate now...!)

OK, I tried to read your OP, but I already don't understand your first Sentence ("i have a reoccuring on a server where i run my imacrosscript."), => a "reoccurring" WHAT...?, your Post is completely full of Typos..., I stopped reading after "scrupt", sorry, :roll: :shock: , FCI not mentioned, and after checking your previous Threads, you seem to have a "poor" History for following up on your Threads..., so I'm not very "motivated" to (try to) help you... :|

=> Then OK, I'll ping @TechSup if they want to have a Look... (and they'll probably move the Thread to the 'Scripting Interface' Sub-Forum...) 8)
But I think they will still need your FCI... :idea:
... And maybe you could also give a more Descriptive Title to your Thread... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Re: IE IIMrunner imacros browser

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:22 pm

Hi petrull,

Try uninstalling or disabling iMacros for IE on your server machine and see if this makes any difference.

You want to make sure that both entries for iMacros listed there are enabled, as displayed in the screenshot in the following forum post:

The screenshot in the following post shows what settings need to be changed to completely disable iMacros for IE:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29997#p81054
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support