Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Before asking a question or reporting an issue
1. Please review the list of FAQ's
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki
- it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:58 pm
Windows 10 Home x64 build 19044
Wamp server Apachi 2.4.51
iMacro professional 2021
Need help to achieve following:-
Pass variable from client side (web site) via url:- https://ipaddress/www/imacro/runimacro. ... name=lname
to runimacro.php on my local WAMP server
Then in runimacro.php get the values into a variable
Code: Select all
Now I want to run my iim file using the variables in silent mode so that client won't see the play of the script
How can I achieve this?
Tom, Tech Support
- Posts: 3765
- Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 4:59 pm
Is it your intention to run iMacros on your server, or do you want iMacros to run on the machine of the user who is accessing your server?
If you want to run iMacros on your server, then by default it will not be visible to web clients.
However, if you are running iMacros on the client machine, making it invisible is currently not possible because -silent and -tray modes are not yet implemented in iMacros 2021
Typically, you should be using the iMacros scripting interface included with the Enterprise Edition for scripting iMacros from .php and other scripting/programming languages. But since you mentioned you only have the Professional Edition, the only option available to you is using the iMacros.exe command-line interface
. To pass variables to a macro using the command-line interface, you need to specify the -variables switch:
Tom, iMacros Support