ONDOWNLOAD Issue

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jkendall93

ONDOWNLOAD Issue

Post by jkendall93 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Currently, I am having a problem getting the ONDOWNLOAD command to work appropriately. I migrated an existing script from imacros 6.9 to 7.21. This script worked fine in imacros 6.9. I'm using the imacros browser to execute the script. The operating system is Windows Server 2003. When I attempt to execute the script, the script gets stalled once I get to the Save As dialog box. The download of the excel file never gets started (see attachment). I thought imacros 7.21 was supposed to address this issue with the ONDOWNLOAD command? I have changed the wait time to over 60 seconds and still no difference. In the imacros 6.9 script, I had a wait time of 2 seconds. Here's the code I utilized for the ONDOWNLOAD command:

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=* FILE=+_{{!NOW:yyyymmdd_hhnnss}} WAIT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=TXT:Save
WAIT SECONDS=5

Also, I tried to substitute the following code as well, but it didn't work either:

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=* FILE=+_{{!NOW:yyyymmdd_hhnnss}} WAIT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Save
WAIT SECONDS=5
Attachments
Ondownload Issue.png
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: ONDOWNLOAD Issue

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:34 pm

Sorry for replying so lately.

Do you have a sample macro we can use to recreate this issue?
cindywsmith

Post by cindywsmith » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:37 pm

Jo Jo: The current LRN development team found your posts and some contain screen shots. I've spoken with Jennifer M., and they need to pulled off the forum. Can you do so? we've requested of iMacros, but your deletion may be quicker.

Thanks,

-Cindy Smith
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:10 am

cindywsmith wrote:Jo Jo: The current LRN development team found your posts and some contain screen shots. I've spoken with Jennifer M., and they need to pulled off the forum. Can you do so? we've requested of iMacros, but your deletion may be quicker.

Thanks,

-Cindy Smith
Post approved @cindy_xxx, to give you "Right to speak", even if I find your Post a bit "funny", or maybe "clever" if you are very desperate for some PR..., hum, then that would mean that you managed to "trick" me and I was "stupid" to approve it, oops...! OK, no Pb, fair enough, ah-ah....!

Your Colleague @twatson_xxx was going the "discrete" way, might have taken a little bit longer, but you apparently prefer the "public" way..., so you now both rather look like some orchestrated PR Campaign to me to get some Free Promotion..., tja, why not.., but don't be surprised if I'm not really "motivated" to help any of you if one day you have a Qt/Pb with iMacros then... :idea:
(You may add some Link to your Site in your Sig if you are not a Spammer... (Google is btw nearly unable to find you and your Soft in "normal" Searches, I had to use some "Trick(s)"..., yep OK, you'll get quickly indexed from our Forum but you could better put some Resources in SEO if your Goal is to get some (Free) Promotion...))

The Screenshot you want to get deleted is from 7 years ago, nobody cares anymore about some old Legacy Client-Server just Web-enabled Software from 7 years ago, where hardly only the Name of the Soft is visible... (The "funny" part starts to make sense maybe...?) :shock:

Your own NDA Policy (Version from 2009-10 (I think, if "09" means "2009', difficult to put a Date in some International Format btw or it is perhaps only intended for US (Advanced) "Date-Readers"..., pfff "10/16/09" is complete "Detective Work", the "16" in the middle cannot be a month... => 2010-09-16 or 2009-10-16, => 2009-10-16 I guess in 'mm/dd/yy' Format...), is the only one to find on Internet, was apparently never updated since and would be anyway the one to apply) states:
RECIPIENT’s obligation of confidentiality shall be in effect for a period of five (5) years from the Effective Date of this Agreement...
NDA only refers to "DATA" btw, and not to "Software"...
7 years > 5 years..., I would think anyway... 8)

Your Software can btw easily be downloaded from some Russian Site..., and I guess anybody will be able to see much more of your Soft than some vague Download Screenshot in this Thread...., but maybe that was your "clever" Marketing Purpose... :shock:

=> I don't really see any valid Reason(s) to delete the Screenshot... unless... you download the "incriminated" Screenshot(s) and re-upload it/them to its/their corresponding Thread(s) after you've anonymized the Content on the Screenshot(s) that you would like to disappear, and the Screenshot(s) must of course remain meaningful iMacros-wise for Users to still be able to understand the Thread and the Solution...

Hum, and that applies to your "Colleague" (= @twatson_xxx) as well for the similar Thread they reported...
And hum..., 2 Accounts on our Forum from the same IP or same Company are "Colleagues", but from 3 Accounts, they becomes Spammers (oops...!), especially if they all open the same Threads or post the same Qt's/Posts... :shock:

+ I closed your 2 Reports with some similar (though much shorter) Explanation... You may reopen them, but provide more Info... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:05 pm

Hum, only Feedback was "This is a horrible response; ..." (neat Use of the Semi-Colon btw, we nowadays only use this one in JavaScript, ah-ah...!), but... tja..., still doesn't explain why sbd would want to get some vague and generic Screenshot(s) from some obscure Legacy Soft from 7 years ago that nobody ever heard of (and cared about for 7 years) removed from some Tech Forum about Web-Automation... :twisted:

Hum, "7 years" is maybe the "Key-Cycle" for "Innovation by Obscurity" taking over "Security by Obscurity" from some delusive Concept concocted by some obscure IT-Guru striving for a few 'Likes' on Youtube or FB...!? :shock:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:05 am

OK, about to close this 'random[funny|stupid|useless]' => ="stupid" according to the Random-Generator... Report from several days ago, no Follow-up... :roll:
Report reason: Off-topic
Reported by cindywsmith on 31 Jan 2018, 16:23

This is a horrible response; I am searching for a telephone number to call.
If I can help in case you didn't find any Phone-Nb(s), here is a Link to all Sales Phones-Nb from Ipswitch (iMacros = iOpus = Ipswitch)...:
Sales People for any Company are always the easiest to influence ($$$$) if you just tell them that you wanted to buy "THE PRODUCT" in stg like: :idea:
"I've always wanted to buy YOUR PRODUCT, for 7 years already...!, but hum that ugly vague Screenshot in one of your Threads on your Forum has always scared me a bit, snik-snik, I only dare to come forward now, re-snik-re-snik...!"
OK, here is the Link:
- Global Sales & Channel Partnerships

And ZE GOOD NEWS is that they even have a Fax-Nb: +1 781-240-5813 (fax) :D 8) :D
=> Just like in the old days, like in 2011, ah-ah...! :wink:
(Hum, last time I used a Fax myself was already from 13+4=17 years ago..., oh dear...! :oops: I was luckily working for some "big" Dutch Bank at that time with Dependencies in Africa + South-American Countries (which were already the only Countries at that time still using the Fax), but I remember spending more than 1 hour locating the only Fax in the whole [HUGE...!] Building, I still see the happy/ecstatic Smile of the Secretary when I asked if I could use the Fax, ah-ah...! :shock: )

But hum, at @cindy_x and @twatson_x from the other Thread, you've been a bit of a "waste" of Resources on this Forum, I only hope you work a mini-bit more "efficiently" on your own ["Innovation by Obscurity"] Software, I'm definitely not convinced to be honest...! :shock:
You may ping me if you need some Help for some "no-nonsense Dev" '[My_Pseudo_on_this_Forum]@gmail.com' but I hope you understood I'm rather "Anti-Marketing-Bullshit"..., youpidoo...! :wink:
But hum..., mini-Advice, seduce "Users" by the 'Cleverness"/'Innovation" from your Soft/Product, instead of threatening with Delete Post or Lawyer or whatever, I've never been really "seduced" by such "Methods", and maybe yep it works sometimes..., but hum, I'm not really "convinced"... The best Marketing is Quality, in my Opinion..., Quality of the "Product", and "Service"..., well and Price a bit as well... :idea:

Last Open Report (for this current Thread) is being closed, I won't post anymore..., unless any new "Scoopy News", woaf-woaf...! :wink:
=> Yep Closed now.... he-he...! 8)

(And if the Screenshots disappear "discretely", I can always re-post then "for fun" of if anybody "needs" them, I secured them of course..., but pfff, those 2 Threads were not really "transcendental", they don't contain any "breaking" Workaround, the Soft/Site is/was/looks just plainly pure standard-normal to me..., and actually much easier to automate with iMacros than many Sites with Content dynamically generated from Scripts for example, which seems to be the "Tendency" a bit recently... I still don't understand the Fuzz..., OK, never mind... :roll: )