Question on Batch Files

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
im_newbie

Question on Batch Files

Post by im_newbie » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:39 am

Want to know if this is possible but not sure since the documentation doesn't say yes or no?

Background:

A secure web site that has questions that you have to fill out. The url is unique per session.

I start a macro in a batch file that fills in most of the form fields.

I have another macro executed in the same batch file that only just clicks on the submit button on that same page. But from what I have played with so far it doesn't appear that I can continue the same session from macro to macro. Is this true? It appears as though once one macro finishes, the other spawns a new window and starts a new session?

Thanks for your feedback.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:46 pm

You are correct:

BATCH files always start a new session.

But with the Scripting Interface this is no problem:

Code: Select all

i = iim1.iimPlay ("macro1")
i = iim1.iimPlay ("macro2")
Macro2 continues exactly where macro1 stopped (same session).

Note: To continue at the previous position, remove the URL GOTO=... command from the second macro (macro2 in our example), so it does not reload the page.