Imacros scripting Error Passing parameters using -fx option

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
elbeto

Imacros scripting Error Passing parameters using -fx option

Post by elbeto » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:05 am

Hello Guys, this is my escenario:

Firefox 5
Imacros Build 7.5
Imacros for firefox 7.3.0.0
PHP scripting Interface

PHP Code Working Good

Code: Select all

$User = 'User';
    $Pwd = '123';
    $fso = new COM('Scripting.FileSystemObject'); 
    $fso = NULL;
    $iim = new COM("imacros");
    $s = $iim->iimInit("-runner");  
    $s = $iim->iimSet("-var_User", $User); //Parameter 1
    $s = $iim->iimSet("-var_Pwd", $Pwd); //Parameter 2
    $s = $iim->iimPlay("Service");
Im trying to run this code with firefox, using the -fx option, but when I do this change the imacro give an undefinied variable values for User and Pwd variables. The example above work like charm with the -runner option, but its not passing the parameters using the -fx option.

Imacro Code:

Code: Select all

TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://domain.com/login
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:https://domain.com/session ATTR=ID:Email CONTENT={{User}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:https://domain.com/session ATTR=ID:Password CONTENT={{Pwd}}
Thanks in advance for all your help
MattBell7

Re: Imacros scripting Error Passing parameters using -fx opt

Post by MattBell7 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:36 am

try dropping the -var_ , i haven't used that with my scripts for a while, and it could be causing the issue.
neshnt

Post by neshnt » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:32 pm

no actually you can not pass user defined variables in firefox! and u cant use built-in variables in iimSet();
so ur hanging in the middle...! i dont have the solution for this..im just telling u how it actually is.
neshnt

Post by neshnt » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:33 pm

i posted this after several months, if u have the solution dont mind sharing it :idea:
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:03 pm

neshnt wrote:no actually you can not pass user defined variables in firefox!
neshnt, you are mistaken. You can pass user-defined variables to iMacros for Firefox whether you are using the built-in Javascript scripting interface or the full-blown iMacros Scritping Edition.

For an example, see the SI-Run-Test.js demo script that installs with iMacros for Firefox.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support