Q: clicking the correct link in table - 1 row per student

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
evanspj1

Q: clicking the correct link in table - 1 row per student

Post by evanspj1 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:58 am

I am looking for some assistance if possible.

I would like to use imacros to automate uploading marked assignments (the file name consists of the username of the student followed by the mark) into the Moodle Learning Management System (see the upload screen below)
moodlegrading.jpg
Most likely I will use VBA to look through the files by doing the following:
1. load the first file and extract the username of the person and the mark
2. find the username in the web page (this is in the 3 column)
3. move 4 cells to the right and click the STATUS link (this is in the 8th column) click the status link that that student
4. then add the grade, and point to the file then click the upload button on the upload page for that student
5. and then repeat

The bit that I have no idea of doing is step 4... How do I make sure that I click the STATUS link for the required student. How can I make sure that I click the correct STATUS link for that student? Any and all help gratefully received.

Peter Evans
MattBell7

Re: Q: clicking the correct link in table - 1 row per studen

Post by MattBell7 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:03 am

you'd used Relative Positioning.

you select the correct username, then select the next grade link.

eg:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TXT ATTR=TXT:demouser003
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Grade

The important bit is the R1, this means the next one, from the current position.