VB6, Dlls and iOpus

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
ErikMartinson

VB6, Dlls and iOpus

Post by ErikMartinson » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:50 pm

Hello,

I am a trial user of 4.31 and I am looking to see if I can create a vb6 dll with IIM refrenced. My questions is when I use the DIM statment with the REW key word, InternetMacros is not on the "intelliSense" list. If I remove the NEW keyword, InternetMacros is on the list. Please advise.

-Example---------
Dim oIM as NEW [u](No InternetMacros )[/u]_

or
Dim oIM as InterNetMacros.IIM
Set oIM = CreateOnject("InternetMacros.IIM, "")
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:25 pm

For Intellisense support you need to add the Internet Macros object to your reference list ("early binding"). In this case the NEW command works:

Code: Select all

Dim  iim1 = New InternetMacros.App
Dim s As InternetMacros.Status 'use of this is optional
s = iim1.iimInit()
Note that no "CreateObject" statement is required in this case.

If you use "late binding" the syntax is as follows:

Code: Select all

Dim iim1 As Object
Set iim1 = CreateObject("InternetMacros.iim")
i = iim1.iimInit()
Late binding does not have Intellisense support. This applies to COM objects in general, not just Internet Macros.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:32 pm

PS: I recommend that you use V5.0 instead of V4.31. The new Scripting Interface contains many improvements.
Download link: http://www.iopus.com/iim/support/changelog/
ErikMartinson

VB6, Dlls and iOpus

Post by ErikMartinson » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:25 pm

Hello,

I just installed version 5 beta and now in vb6 in my refrences dialog I see "InternetMacros 1.0 Type Library" which was NOT there in version 4.31. Now I am able to use the "Early Binding". :D

Thanks