How to set "INTERFACETIMEOUT" in ver 5?

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Igor

How to set "INTERFACETIMEOUT" in ver 5?

Post by Igor » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:34 am

It seems that in scripting interface ver 5 there is no more such command "iimSetInternal". It was VERY useful. Consider the following scenario: you executing a command iimPlay("Long_Running_Macro"). "Long_Running_Macro" - can run up to 3-4 minutes, thats why even if you specify a timeout value (which was added in ver 5) like iimPlay("Long_Running_Macro", 180), if the interface does not respond you will wait 180 seconds to get an error. You can easily reproduce the scenario by running iimPlay("Some_Macro") prior to executing iimInit or when the browser is closed.

1. Is there a way to define INTERFACETIMEOUT in ver 5?
2. Why iimPlay does not return an error immediately if the browser is closed?
Tech Support

Re: How to set "INTERFACETIMEOUT" in ver 5?

Post by Tech Support » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:39 pm

The INTERFACETIMEOUT function is no longer required because if the browser is closed (e. g. via task manager) the iimPlay command will return an error immediatly (within a few seconds).

However, this function is not yet the current beta. But with the next builds, we will enable this feature.
Igor

Post by Igor » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:35 pm

I am afraid the program does not behave the way you describe it. Please try to reproduce the scenario exactly as i describe it in my previous post.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:47 pm

Here is how I tested it with V5.00.1024:

1. Start IIM with i = iimPlay ("long_macro", 600)
2. While the macro runs, close IIM browser via task scheduler
3a. iimPlay returns error after 600s (timeout)

The behavior by design should be:

3b. iimPlay returns error within <2s.

This solves the problem you reported, or?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:48 pm

Sorry, was not logged in. But above post is from tech support (Mike) :D

Please note that this does NOT work in V5.00.1024 yet! But this feature will be available soon.