Need to record pressing the "enter" key or "ok" button

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
shaves

Need to record pressing the "enter" key or "ok" button

Post by shaves » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:05 pm

I'm developing a macro. I get to a certain part and I press the "save" button on the application. I have automated the steps to this point and it runs well.

When you press the "save" button, a number of pop-up messages can be displayed. All of them have an "OK" button that needs to be pressed. I have tried to record pressing the "OK" button but nothing is recorded.

I have also tried to record pressing the "enter" key but I get the same code either way. The only thing that is recoreded is the following:

TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS" + vbNewLine
GOTO=http://xxxxxxxx.............

Normally when I record something, it will give me exactly what I need but not this time. Does anyone have a suggestion or way to close this pop-up.

Thanks for the help.
Kichka, Tech Support

Re: Need to record pressing the "enter" key or "ok" button

Post by Kichka, Tech Support » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi Shaves,

You can use the command ONDIALOG that defines how to handle Javascript dialogs (it is not supported by Chrome). You can also try using the "Experimental Event mode" (see record options) while you record your script on Firefox.
shaves

Post by shaves » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:45 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm not using CHROME or FireFox. Ive tried the ONDIALOG code and that did not work for me either.
Kichka, Tech Support

Post by Kichka, Tech Support » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi Shaves,

If you are using Internet Explorer or iMacros Browser, you can try recording your macro choosing the option "Direct Screen" from the "Click Mode".