Vbscript doesn't run macros in firefox

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Ruriko

Vbscript doesn't run macros in firefox

Post by Ruriko » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:23 am

I have a vbscript that is designed to open firefox and run the macros but it doesn't work if using Firefox 24. It works if I use Firefox 19. When I use Firefox 24 the vbscript will open firefox but it doesn't run the macros. It works totally fine in Firefox 19. Please fix this bug!

Code: Select all

Option Explicit
Dim iim1, iret, iret2
Dim rn, i, keyword
Dim j, counterup

set iim1= CreateObject ("imacros")

Dim macro
counterup = 1

macro = "CODE:VERSION BUILD=6861208     "+vbNewline

i = iim1.iimOpen("-fx", true) 'Always open new instance
iret = iim1.iimPlay("C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\iMacros\Macros\anime tumblr\login lovechocolate")
for i = 1201 to 1400
iim1.iimSet "counterup", i
iret = iim1.iimPlay("C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\iMacros\Macros\anime tumblr\tumblr follow")
Next
iret = iim1.iimExit()
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Vbscript doesn't run macros in firefox

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:16 am

Hi Ruriko,

The most likely reason is because you need to update iMacros for Firefox and/or your version of the Enterprise Edition. What version of each of those products are you currently using?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Ruriko

Post by Ruriko » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:02 am

I am using imacros 9 and imacros for firefox 8.5.1. It still doesn't run macros in firefox
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi Ruriko,

I'm having no trouble running the connect-to-firefox.vbs script that installs with iMacros (in the Documents\iMacros\Examples\Windows Scripting Host folder). I tested with iMacros 9.01.2597, iMacros for Firefox 8.5.3 and Firefox 24.

What result do you get when you run this script? If you keep having trouble, try upgrading both versions of iMacros to the latest:

iMacros Enterprise Edition:
http://www.iopus.com/download/imacros/

iMacros for Firefox:
http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fir ... on_History
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Ruriko

Post by Ruriko » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:48 am

ok I've upgraded imacros to 9.05 and it works fine now :D