Browser already open

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
shaves

Browser already open

Post by shaves » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:11 pm

I use iMacros with a homegrown Web application. The user pushes a button in Excel to open a browser and start moving between pages and extracting data from this application. The browser is opened with the following commands:

Set iim1 = CreateObject("iMacros")
iret = iim1.iimInit(, False)

Sometimes the homegrown application will throw an error and the macro stops because the application hasn't moved to the correct screen.

I would like the user to push a button and have the macro use the existing browser because the homegrown application is already opened in it.

However, I'm having trouble getting this to work. I'm getting a "object variable or With block variable not set" message because iret is "empty" at this point.

How can i set "iret" to the existing browser. Is this possible?

Thanks for the help......
chivracq

Re: Browser already open

Post by chivracq » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:45 am

Not sure if it can help, but starting a Macro from a .BAT File using

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" imacros://run/?m="_My Script.iim"
will use the already open FF Instance and will run your Macro in a new Tab.

(Launching Firefox with "Start" would start a new Instance of FF...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
shaves

Post by shaves » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:35 pm

Thanks...........but we don't use firefox. We use the iMacros browser.....
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:20 am

shaves wrote:Thanks...........but we don't use firefox. We use the iMacros browser.....
Maybe worth trying with imacros.exe then... (instead of firefox.exe...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
sailor

Post by sailor » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:03 am

you can solve this issue by the firefox plugin,it will works.
shaves wrote:Thanks...........but we don't use firefox. We use the iMacros browser.....