Browser already open

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
shaves

Browser already open

Post by shaves » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:11 pm

I use iMacros with a homegrown Web application. The user pushes a button in Excel to open a browser and start moving between pages and extracting data from this application. The browser is opened with the following commands:

Set iim1 = CreateObject("iMacros")
iret = iim1.iimInit(, False)

Sometimes the homegrown application will throw an error and the macro stops because the application hasn't moved to the correct screen.

I would like the user to push a button and have the macro use the existing browser because the homegrown application is already opened in it.

However, I'm having trouble getting this to work. I'm getting a "object variable or With block variable not set" message because iret is "empty" at this point.

How can i set "iret" to the existing browser. Is this possible?

Thanks for the help......
chivracq

Re: Browser already open

Post by chivracq » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:45 am

Not sure if it can help, but starting a Macro from a .BAT File using

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" imacros://run/?m="_My Script.iim"
will use the already open FF Instance and will run your Macro in a new Tab.

(Launching Firefox with "Start" would start a new Instance of FF...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
shaves

Post by shaves » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:35 pm

Thanks...........but we don't use firefox. We use the iMacros browser.....
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:20 am

shaves wrote:Thanks...........but we don't use firefox. We use the iMacros browser.....
Maybe worth trying with imacros.exe then... (instead of firefox.exe...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
sailor

Post by sailor » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:03 am

you can solve this issue by the firefox plugin,it will works.
shaves wrote:Thanks...........but we don't use firefox. We use the iMacros browser.....