[Q] How to close "not responding" iMacros browser [wsh/js]

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Bottinger

[Q] How to close "not responding" iMacros browser [wsh/js]

Post by Bottinger » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:53 pm

I use javascript and wsh for scripting purpose; Sometimes my iMacros browser instance becomes "not responding" and hangs. I wonder if I can use some methods or whatever in wsh to close such instances automatically?

Please only javascript codes, I don't know vb

I'm using:
iMacros Enterprise latest version
windows 7 64bit
Last edited by Bottinger on Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: [Q] How to close "not responding" iMacros browser [wsh/j

Post by chivracq » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:35 pm

No Info about Config and Versions, I don't read... (You should know, by now...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Bottinger

Post by Bottinger » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:49 am

chivracq wrote:No Info about Config and Versions, I don't read... (You should know, by now...)
I'm using the latest version of imacros plus latest versions of it's plugins for all the available browsers, so I think it's not related to version and I omitted reminding my version; Anyways thanks for reminding, I added those info to my post
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Bottinger wrote:
chivracq wrote:No Info about Config and Versions, I don't read... (You should know, by now...)
I'm using the latest version of imacros plus latest versions of it's plugins for all the available browsers, so I think it's not related to version and I omitted reminding my version; Anyways thanks for reminding, I added those info to my post
Config and Versions are required for posting on the Forum, as stated in the forum Rules and I don't answer (and usually don't read) Threads when that Info is missing. Period. I'm the most active Answerer on the Forum (at this moment), you may get lucky if some other User or TechSupport replies in the meantime, but you could have gotten your Answer one week ago already...
And I always prefer to have too much Info than too little and have to beg for the missing Info. And in your case, WSH is OS dependent...

"Latest Version" won't mean much in a few weeks..., but never mind. => v10 then...

OK, I had already done some Research when you had posted your original Question, based on the "educated guess" that 'taskkill' could be what you are looking for, even if you don't mention anything about your Script and faulty Line of Code causing the Hang..., if iimInit() or iimOpen() with Timeout and iimClose() work OK or not...

But 'taskkill' works from a Batch File, I don't know how you start your Script if you do it from a Batch File, that could be a Solution...

I don't know if it's possible otherwise to launch a .BAT File from WSH, I guess it is unless Security Features (OS or Browser) block that...

Or if you can find an equivalent Command for 'taskkill' in WSH as I couldn't find that Command in the WSH Command Reference, but you have another Thread on the Forum where 'taskkill' is used directly from WSH, so that could be what you are looking for...:
Imacros hangs during some operations
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...