imacro unable to enter text in username and password box

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
daviany234

imacro unable to enter text in username and password box

Post by daviany234 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:30 am

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=8021970
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
SET !DATASOURCE data5.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 4
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 20
URL GOTO={{!COL1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:inquiryForm ATTR=NAME:_fmm.l._0.e CONTENT={{!COL2}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:inquiryForm ATTR=NAME:_fmm.b._0.s CONTENT={{!COL4}}
URL GOTO="javascript:document.getElementById('contentMessage_ifr').contentDocument.body.innerHTML=' Hi, My name is daniel Jones. I represent a group of business men who are interested in your ship and other related products as listed on alibaba.com website. Please let me have more informations about the price, MOQ and any other usefull specic information that is not listed on your website.If you have a catalogue that will also be usefull. thanks  Daniel';void(0);"
wait seconds=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON:SUBMIT FORM=ID:inquiry-form ATTR=ID:send
wait seconds=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:xsignIn ATTR=ID:xloginPassportId CONTENT={{!COL2}}
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=ID:xsignIn ATTR=ID:xloginPasswordId CONTENT={{!COL3}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:xsignIn ATTR=ID:signInButton&&VALUE:Send
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=ID:xsignIn ATTR=ID:xloginPasswordId
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=ID:boxClose
Last edited by daviany234 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
chivracq

Re: i need help in making this script work

Post by chivracq » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:42 pm

daviany234 wrote:

VERSION BUILD=8021970
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 20
URL GOTO={{!COL1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:inquiryForm ATTR=NAME:_fmm.l._0.e CONTENT={{!COL2}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:inquiryForm ATTR=NAME:_fmm.b._0.s CONTENT={{!COL4}}
URL GOTO="javascript:document.getElementById('contentMessage_ifr').contentDocument.body.innerHTML=' Hi, My name   Daniel';void(0);"
wait seconds=3
wait seconds=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:xsignIn ATTR=ID:xloginPassportId CONTENT={{!COL2}}
SET !ENCRYPTION NO 
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=ID:xsignIn ATTR=ID:xloginPasswordId CONTENT={{!COL3}}

i need help in making the above script work. I am trying to automate contacting suppliers on alibaba.com website but when i try to input the username and password nothing happens. Below are the details that can be used for testing the script.

http://message.alibaba.com/msgsend/cont ... =200221041, danieljones605@myself.com, saintsura234, Product information is required
I may have a look at your Pb if you correct the following things to your Thread:
1- Thread Title is useless, everybody needs some Help on this Forum... Give a descriptive Thread Title...
2- CIM...! :mrgreen: (You obviously haven't read the Forum Rules...) And read my Sig as well... :idea:
3- Use the 'CODE' Tags to embed your Script and make your Post more readable.
4- Provide a mini-Datasource File, either as an Attachment uploaded to this Thread (you'll need to zip it to be able to upload it), or paste it in plain text to your Thread using the 'QUOTE' or 'CODE' Tags. (Or even better: Both...!)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
daviany234

The frame number keep when entering username and password

Post by daviany234 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:38 am

I am sorry for not getting it right the first time. My operating system is windows 7 ultimate,imacro version 8.8.9 and my browser is firefox version 36.0.1. The page i am trying to work on is http://message.alibaba.com/msgsend/cont ... =200221041 . I want to contact the various suppliers automatically but after entering the subject and using java script to fill the message body . the username and password refuse

VERSION BUILD=8021970
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 20
URL GOTO={{!COL1}}
URL GOTO="javascript:document.getElementById('contentMessage_ifr').contentDocument.body.innerHTML=' Hi, My name is daniel Jones. I represent a group of business men who are interested in your ship and other related products as listed on alibaba.com website. Please let me have more informations about the price, MOQ and any other usefull specic information that is not listed on your website.If you have a catalogue that will also be usefull. thanks  Daniel';void(0);"
wait seconds=3
wait seconds=3
SET !ENCRYPTION NO 
Attachments
data5.zip
(269 Bytes) Downloaded 3166 times
Last edited by daviany234 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
chivracq

Re: The frame number keep when entering username and passwor

Post by chivracq » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:36 am

daviany234 wrote:I am sorry for not getting it right the first time. My operating system is windows 7 ultimate,imacro version VERSION BUILD=8021970 and my browser is firefox version 29. The page i am trying to work on is http://message.alibaba.com/msgsend/cont ... =200221041 . I want to contact the various suppliers automatically but after entering the subject and using java scriptto fill the message body . the username and password refuse

VERSION BUILD=8021970
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 20
URL GOTO={{!COL1}}
wait seconds=3
wait seconds=3
SET !ENCRYPTION NO 
1- OK, nearly good, you still need to modify the Thread Title in your Original Post, because it is that Title which is seen on the Forum Panel (and is found when searching the Forum).
2- Your FCI is still unclear to me, v8.0.2 was a Version for CR (or it could be a very old Version for FF from about 3 years ago in which the EVENT Mode was not even introduced yet (from v8.30) and you might need it) but you are using FF, and FF29 is a bit old as well, but anyway with FF29, you should be running v8.8.2. So can you clarify on that point...?
3- The 'CODE' Tags were meant as well for the first Post in the Thread, like Item 1-. (You can still edit your previous Posts...)

Bump your Thread again once Items 1-2-3 have been corrected/updated/answered...

DataSource Sample:

http://message.alibaba.com/msgsend/contact.htm?action=contact_action&chkCompanyIds=200221041,danieljones605@myself.com,saintsura234,Product information is required
http://message.alibaba.com/msgsend/contact.htm?action=contact_action&chkCompanyIds=200252023,danieljones605@myself.com,saintsura234,Product information is required
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
daviany234

Re: unable to enter text in username and password box

Post by daviany234 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:42 pm

I am using FF29, and version 8820413. I actually had the latest FF but downgraded when the script was not working . I had the script working 3 years ago but apparently there is an upgrade on the http://message.alibaba.com/msgsend/cont ... =200221041 website.
JonnyDee

Re: imacro unable to enter text in username and password bo

Post by JonnyDee » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:59 pm

It has been a month and I dont want to assume you found a suitable solution :roll: ... I am looking at this from just a troubleshooting perspective: I dont use FF, and will suggest that to try your code without the javascript. ie post to a x,y coordinate or dont post at all and see if the username and password work correctly :!:
ZmanZoo

Re: imacro unable to enter text in username and password bo

Post by ZmanZoo » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:09 am

chivaracq (sic) isn't much of a helper, sorry you had to go through with adding all of your config info several times

I am no expert, but I might get lucky and figure something out (hopefully) :)

Using IE I got this from recording in auto-mode; Starting at clicking the send button then a window pops up and I enter login and password then click submit. and I don't believe you need to use IE with this...it's pretty generic.

URL GOTO=http://message.alibaba.com/msgsend/contact.htm?action=contact_action&chkCompanyIds=200221041
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:inquiryForm ATTR=ID:send
'enter login below at end of the line->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:login-form ATTR=NAME:loginId CONTENT=LOGIN HERE
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
'enter password at the end of the line ->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=NAME:login-form ATTR=NAME:password CONTENT=PASSWORD HERE
FRAME F=5
'Click Submit
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:login-form ATTR=NAME:submit-btn
'this is what was recorded when i hit the x to close the login window, left it in just in case.
FRAME F=0
TAG POS=63 TYPE=A ATTR=*