Variables

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Thomas A320

Variables

Post by Thomas A320 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi,

testing and looking for hours into Google, I need your help.
The task is very, very easy but for me a general problem. I have a database und will fill a website with different data. What i've done is to test from the commandline:

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" imacros://run/?m=imDPDtracing.iim -var_P 0123456789.

The macro is tested and works properly - except the value for P is not recognized:

VERSION BUILD=8920312 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
PROMPT "The value of P is {{P}}"

Value for P is shown as undefined.

Thanks in advance
Thomas
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Variables

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:42 pm

Hi Thomas,

It's not possible to pass a variable value to iMacros for Firefox using the command line.

That syntax is only supported by the commercial iMacros browser (iMacros.exe) and iMacros for IE (iMacros.Sidebar.exe).

http://wiki.imacros.net/Command_Referen ... e_Switches
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support