How to watch a countdown on a site and react when it gets to

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Post Reply
Sweetbarry
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:18 pm

How to watch a countdown on a site and react when it gets to

Post by Sweetbarry » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:31 pm

Hey all, I am new. Just started using imacros about 6 days ago, already making site bots. I just got stuck on one thing....

So i have a site with very simple script. Open page, bush button collect (page reloads by itself with a 15 minute countdown timer) for which I just put WAIT SENCONDS=900. then just looped it. but I have found that depending on my internet quality and activity on other pages that it usually winds up being either short or long or way long or sometimes on time. So instead of WAIT i want to have it read the site clock and wait til = zero, then execute command and repeat. I have looked for a few hours now trying to find the answer and have not yet figured it out. If anyone has any hints I would very much appreciate it.

Maybe something with STOPWATCH... idk
IrishMacro
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: How to watch a countdown on a site and react when it get

Post by IrishMacro » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:21 am

There is no functionality for this - iMacros isn't a full-fledged programming language.

What you could do is write a looping script that will execute as if button was active but have the setting ERRORIGNORE YES
The macro will run and fail many times, but as soon as button is active it will press it.
Firefox free plugin, last version
Win7
chivracq
Posts: 9308
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 pm
Location: Amsterdam (NL)

Re: How to watch a countdown on a site and react when it get

Post by chivracq » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:56 pm

Sweetbarry wrote:Hey all, I am new. Just started using imacros about 6 days ago, already making site bots. I just got stuck on one thing....

So i have a site with very simple script. Open page, bush button collect (page reloads by itself with a 15 minute countdown timer) for which I just put WAIT SENCONDS=900. then just looped it. but I have found that depending on my internet quality and activity on other pages that it usually winds up being either short or long or way long or sometimes on time. So instead of WAIT i want to have it read the site clock and wait til = zero, then execute command and repeat. I have looked for a few hours now trying to find the answer and have not yet figured it out. If anyone has any hints I would very much appreciate it.

Maybe something with STOPWATCH... idk
IrishMacro wrote:There is no functionality for this - iMacros isn't a full-fledged programming language.

What you could do is write a looping script that will execute as if button was active but have the setting ERRORIGNORE YES
The macro will run and fail many times, but as soon as button is active it will press it.
Yeah-yeah..., easy to do in pure '.iim', I know at least 2 ways... that I have already posted several times on the Forum..., and '!STOPWATCH' could indeed be a third way..., though very similar to one of the 2 other ways...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Sweetbarry
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:18 pm

Re: How to watch a countdown on a site and react when it get

Post by Sweetbarry » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:32 am

Cool, thanx for the input guys. It maybe all for not, the site I was botting I think is not paying. but it is still good to know. I will check out your guy's posts.
chivracq
Posts: 9308
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 pm
Location: Amsterdam (NL)

Re: How to watch a countdown on a site and react when it get

Post by chivracq » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:00 pm

Sweetbarry wrote:Cool, thanx for the input guys. It maybe all for not, the site I was botting I think is not paying. but it is still good to know. I will check out your guy's posts.
Yep..., but "CIM" for this Current Thread (and your next one), read my Sig, that's why I had not reacted to your Thread when you opened it, and I wouldn't have reacted if @IrishMacro had not posted in your Thread (and that I didn't agree with his Post)...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Sweetbarry
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:18 pm

Re: How to watch a countdown on a site and react when it get

Post by Sweetbarry » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:53 pm

For sure, thanks for the advice. I will be more detailed in the future.
chivracq
Posts: 9308
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 pm
Location: Amsterdam (NL)

Re: How to watch a countdown on a site and react when it get

Post by chivracq » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:41 pm

Sweetbarry wrote:For sure, thanks for the advice. I will be more detailed in the future.
Yep, but even "in the future", I will ask you to include that Info in your "previous" Threads, I only help Users who use the Forum "a bit correctly" with FCI and correct Follow-up (including sharing their Solution) in ALL their Threads... :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Sweetbarry
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:18 pm

Re: How to watch a countdown on a site and react when it get

Post by Sweetbarry » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:25 pm

Solution, the site that I was trying bot with the countdown timer I found out wasn't paying, so I scrapped that project now it is just my other post that I am still working on. For sure I hear you, Not trying to be a mooch and give nothing back :)
Post Reply