javascript available in iM? or only via html page?

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
macrophage

javascript available in iM? or only via html page?

Post by macrophage » Sun May 29, 2016 11:33 pm

- NEW to this product... spent 2 days just reading all I could about it

WIN 7 Pro, Trial Version iMacros Browser (x86) Version 11.1.495.5175 Released on 3/10/2016
Using iMacros Browser... Chrome is my second choice, but I see that all browsers are lagging behind iM for certain implementations

- IS THERE NOT A BACKUP WAY TO GET TO THE REFERENCE... the wiki was down for hours - ruined my reserved time
everything else on the NET worked fine! only the wiki(and the forum)

- I coded a quick extract of one result-page(table) which points to umpteen detail html pages
sweeping thru all fields in detail pages saving to a .csv
- using javascript EVAL in macro to build properly formatted output and inject default output to .csv
and create numbered-file-named batches. (ex: file001.csv)
- all smooth so far.

Need to now jump to the Scripting side so as to have a way to sweep thru the indexer at the bottom of each Result page
to access many more pages (...1,2,3, ..., 40 ...) from each result page
(Prev/next are the 3 dots at either/both ends, if present) middle ... is an ellipsis)

Alas after reading tons of useless stuff to me, I cannot see that there is a way to use javascript from the iM, only VBScript!?
Have already created the basic frame file.vbs SCRIPT to do preliminary testing...
- passing data via iimset() and iimGetExtract()... all good... BUT!!! I want to use javascript instead!?

What am I missing?! Is javascript not available on iM? Is it due to the WINDOWS Scripting Interface... VBScript only?
Must I scrap iM and move to Chrome or other(hopefully not freaking IE)!?
Must I battle all VBScript's idiosyncrasies!?

Hope someone chimes in with accurate detail.
Or point me to the area in the docs that makes it completely clear as to what where!
I seem to remember having read a clue somewhere... but no idea where!?

The person who can answer the above also should be able to see the below!

- any way to have the macro set a variable that gets picked up by the Script via an
async call thus allowing the Script logic to iimset values to control the macro?

- is there an equivalent like ON_MACRO_END ? ... a way to check macro has finished?

Am I interpreting any of this wrongly?
Instances where I have see the documentation leaving major gaps with iffy instructions!
!LOOP:
- is ignored for every loop run except the first one. ??!
... that is quite unclear, no clue as to what that refers to (sequential loops/(nacro)nested loops!?)
Could someone elaborate on this one?
- The variable {{!LOOP}} represents the current loop number when a script is running in loop mode.
... that should be the first sentence at the very top!
- one must snoop and sniff to see if the Max Iteration setting can be SET in a macro and then assume NOT!!!
can it!? ... that would allow nested loops
and what is the max RANGE... 1 to ?
- Play button should say: Play (1 iteration)

EVAL: what if timeouts and intervals are used in eval... any info on the possibilities!? or Impossinilities!?

HOW TO SAVE 2 lines all all instructions pages!
Set By
[X] Internal iMacros program itself sets the value of the variable during program run.
[X] SET User can set this value via the SET command inside a macro.

SAVEAS: ... is really an append, needs an overwrite switch feature(with warning it is about to clobber a dataset/file on disk!)
Learned that the hard way and got confirmation once I encountered the FILEDELETE command!!!
Some note should be in the SAVEAS warning it IS an APPEND and a link to FILEDELETE

!PLAYBACKDELAY !REPLAYSPEED:
- why 2 variables if one writes to the other?!
- ...and one appears to be only a cmd with 3 presets!!! so, why not a command, instead of this forever remembering which does what?!
- and why playBACK and REplay !?! when a PAUSE command with parameters could handle all scenarios(even SINGLESTEP)!!