iMacro Browser Hanging After certain amount of time

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
nomde

iMacro Browser Hanging After certain amount of time

Post by nomde » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:18 pm

Hi All, I've been experiencing an issue that I can't seem to fix on my own. I have a program using the C++ connector for iMacros that is hanging after macro completion. I'll explain more: My program reads in iMacros from the disk, makes a small modification to the macro, and sends it to the iMacros Browser using iimPlayCode();. The macro executes perfectly and everything works as it should until the beginning of a new Macro. It seems the Browser will HANG on the command "WAIT" and become unresponsive requiring I terminate the process. This isn't ideal for automation. I've explored using Firefox but my macros must use DirectScreen and FireFox's "EVENT MODE" doesn't do as good of a job. iMacro's allocated memory also isn't very large at the time of the hang, maybe 300,000 kB.

Macros Browser (x86) Version 11.0.246.4051
nomde

Re: iMacro Browser Hanging After certain amount of time

Post by nomde » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:12 pm

Well, I never really fixed my problem in the way that I would have liked - but it IS fixed now. Initially I was initializing iMacros with '-kiosmode" enabled. This allowed me to get nice high resolution screenshots (which is the goal of my iMacro). In the end, I reduced the filesize of the iMacros (from 60kb each to 29kb each) and also used the ("-ie") argument during initialization. The macro has been running for over 7 hours with little to no interruption! I've used iMacros on FF, Chrome, and the iMacros browser - and I have to say.. IE runs the smoothest and leaks the least memory! That is literally the exact opposite of what I'd have expected.