Launch iMacros from Python, get result back to Python

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
mrjoenobody

Launch iMacros from Python, get result back to Python

Post by mrjoenobody » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:41 pm

Hi,

I will like to know if from Python and with a Web browser like Google Chrome which have the plugin iMacros installed, can do the following:

- Call a iMacro script from Python, then save data or return me a web page result back to Python
- I will not run this iMacros script in Windows nor in a Mac, not in Unix, but most of the time in Android

thanks

MrJoeNobody
chivracq

Re: Launch iMacros from Python, get result back to Python

Post by chivracq » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:14 pm

mrjoenobody wrote:Hi,

I will like to know if from Python and with a Web browser like Google Chrome which have the plugin iMacros installed, can do the following:

- Call a iMacro script from Python, then save data or return me a web page result back to Python
- I will not run this iMacros script in Windows nor in a Mac, not in Unix, but most of the time in Android

thanks

MrJoeNobody
- launch in Python iMacros script in Openelec env?
mrjoenobody wrote:Hi,

Is it possible to use Python to launch an iMacros on a web browser which have iMacros plugin on a Openelec Environment ?

thanks
Yeah but you don't need to go kind of spamming the Forum directly by opening more or less Duplicate Threads, your second Thread looks very similar to your first one to me...? :roll:
If I'm correct, you can delete your second Thread (as long as nobody has posted in it after you or it will be deleted/merged with this one) and you can include any supplementary Info in this current, like as well: FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

For your Qt, launching an iMacros Macro from Python or any Programming Language can be done using the iMacros Scripting Interface that comes with the iMacros Enterprise Edition, but it is only supported on Win32/64 Environment I think, so I think that won't be a Solution for you if you want to run it on Android (I'm already nearly surprised you managed to install iMacros for CR on Android, good news actually) and I don't know what this 'Openelec' is...?, I might then have some other Solution, but I will elaborate once you've "demystified"/"justified" the 2 (same?) Threads en mentioned your FCI...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...