iMacros 10.3 works differently on different machines

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
shaves

iMacros 10.3 works differently on different machines

Post by shaves » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:00 pm

Phillip………..I see that you are out of the office for a while but thought I would send this anyway to see if you have any ideas. I’ve run into an iMacros situation that I have never encountered before and was wondering if you have ever come across anything like this. I just developed a macro that uses WorkBrain. It basically enters a location, a start time, and a run time. It runs good on my machine. I sent it to the person who requested it and it doesn’t work for her. She is getting this error:

Error -1300: Cannot find HTML element of type "INPUT:TEXT" with attribute(s) "NAME:WRKD_DOCK_NAME_label".. Line 3: TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:page_form ATTR=NAME:WRKD_DOCK_NAME_label CONTENT=LOS<SP>ANGELES

I’ve checked her machine for the following items to confirm that it is the same as mine (they are):

(1) Tab settings in Internet Explorer

(2) iMacros Add-ons
a. iMacros Browser Helper Object (enabled)
b. iMacros for IE (enabled)

(3) iMacros version 10.3.27.5830

(4) 32 bit machine

(5) Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise

(6) Confirmed Los Angeles is a valid value.

All of these are the same. Something has to be different. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks………
chivracq

Re: iMacros 10.3 works differently on different machines

Post by chivracq » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:19 pm

shaves wrote:Phillip………..I see that you are out of the office for a while but thought I would send this anyway to see if you have any ideas. I’ve run into an iMacros situation that I have never encountered before and was wondering if you have ever come across anything like this. I just developed a macro that uses WorkBrain. It basically enters a location, a start time, and a run time. It runs good on my machine. I sent it to the person who requested it and it doesn’t work for her. She is getting this error:

Error -1300: Cannot find HTML element of type "INPUT:TEXT" with attribute(s) "NAME:WRKD_DOCK_NAME_label".. Line 3:

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:page_form ATTR=NAME:WRKD_DOCK_NAME_label CONTENT=LOS<SP>ANGELES
I’ve checked her machine for the following items to confirm that it is the same as mine (they are):

(1)	Tab settings in Internet Explorer

(2)	iMacros Add-ons 
a.	iMacros Browser Helper Object (enabled)
b.	iMacros for IE (enabled)

(3)	iMacros version 10.3.27.5830

(4)	32 bit machine

(5)	Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise

(6)  Confirmed Los Angeles is a valid value.
All of these are the same. Something has to be different. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks………
Hum, correct Sub-Forum for this Thread would have been the 'General' one, it doesn't sound related to me to the 'Scripting Interface'... :roll: (But no need to duplicate now...)

Wondering how you found out that my Name is "Phillip"...!? Hum, just kidding...! :wink:

I don't know what this 'WorkBrain' is btw..., when you use some "external" Library/Framework/Add-on/Tool/Package/whatever..., you should always include some direct Link to the "Tool" itself and/or its Documentation, I usually "act" very "lazy" in that case and don't go searching for it, ah-ah...! :idea:

But, hum..., "Something has to be different.", then yep, iMacros never makes "Mistakes" (ah-ah...! :shock: ) when you get some "Error -1300: Cannot find HTML element of type..." RuntimeError, that means that this 'ATTR=NAME:WRKD_DOCK_NAME_label' HTML Element is simply not there (or the 'FORM' has a different Name), I guess the User needs to log on to this Site, then the Content of the Page is probably "customized" for each User...
=> You would need to record your Actions on this Colleague's PC, there will very certainly be some Difference...

The 'FORM' Info is btw in most-most Cases not required, unless there are several Forms on the Web-Page, you could indeed first try:

'TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:page_form ATTR=NAME:WRKD_DOCK_NAME_label CONTENT=LOS<SP>ANGELES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:* ATTR=NAME:WRKD_DOCK_NAME_label CONTENT=LOS<SP>ANGELES
Difficult to help you more precisely otherwise without being able to look at the Page myself...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...