iMacros through batch (cmd line arguments)

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tarzan

iMacros through batch (cmd line arguments)

Post by Tarzan » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:58 pm

Hello,

Here is my configuration:

iMacros Browser (x86) Version 11.1.495.5175
Released on 3/10/2016
Licensed Product: Trial Version
License Type: 30-day trial (Trial expired)
Windows 10 x64

I am trying to create a .bat file which will do the following:

1. open up iMacros browser
2. once trial timer is done, click 'continue' (or skip this part altogether)
3. run .iim file for -loop 20

This is what I have so far:

Code: Select all

@echo Starting TEST Macro

@REM %MP% Macro Location
@setlocal
@set MP=%MacroPath%

@REM %MacroPath% expands to the macros path
@set DataSources="C:\Users\TESTUSER\Documents\iMacros\DataSources"

"%MP%\iMacros.exe" -macro "%DataSources%\testScript.iim" -loop 20
The iMacros screen comes up fine, however, once timer is done I manually click 'continue' and it then closes the iMacros browser.

Are there any suggestions someone can give me to accomplish above? Please let me know!

Thanks!

t
chivracq

Re: iMacros through batch (cmd line arguments)

Post by chivracq » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:47 pm

Tarzan wrote:Hello,

Here is my configuration:

iMacros Browser (x86) Version 11.1.495.5175
Released on 3/10/2016
Licensed Product: Trial Version
License Type: 30-day trial (Trial expired)
Windows 10 x64
I am trying to create a .bat file which will do the following:

1. open up iMacros browser
2. once trial timer is done, click 'continue' (or skip this part altogether)
3. run .iim file for -loop 20

This is what I have so far:

@echo Starting TEST Macro

@REM %MP% Macro Location
@setlocal
@set MP=%MacroPath%

@REM %MacroPath% expands to the macros path
@set DataSources="C:\Users\TESTUSER\Documents\iMacros\DataSources"

"%MP%\iMacros.exe" -macro "%DataSources%\testScript.iim" -loop 20
The iMacros screen comes up fine, however, once timer is done I manually click 'continue' and it then closes the iMacros browser.

Are there any suggestions someone can give me to accomplish above? Please let me know!

Thanks!

t
Try without the '-loop 20', I wouldn't be surprised if once the Trial has expired some Command Line Switches get disabled... and the Browser with it...

iMB v11.1 is already 2 years old, you already had plenty of time to "try" that Version, I would think, ah-ah...! :wink:
Current Version is now v12.0. :idea:

If you need to loop your '.iim' Macro and it doesn't contain any Commands that are only supported on iMB like 'DS' Commands for example, you can use the Free 'iMacros for FF' Add-on with a '.js' Script... (that can be launched from a '.BAT' File as well...) :idea:

EDIT: Current Version for iMB is v12.0 (and not v12.5...!). (Corrected...)
Last edited by chivracq on Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tarzan

Post by Tarzan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi Chivracq,

Thanks for the reply- looks like it all relies in this trial version! I will need to give that one a 'try' as well then :)

All great suggestions- I appreciate it!

T
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:50 pm

Tarzan wrote:Hi Chivracq,

Thanks for the reply- looks like it all relies in this trial version! I will need to give that one a 'try' as well then :)

All great suggestions- I appreciate it!

T
Well, "looks like", I don't know, you would need to test/check by yourself, I've never installed iMB myself so I don't really know... But tja, a "Trial Version" is a "Trial Version" I would think..., you can't blame the Programmer if they've tried to implement some "Measures" to get their Software, or at least some Features, disabled after the Trial Period has expired, I would think... :wink:

+ I've corrected a mini-Mistake in my previous Reply about iMB v12.0 being the current Version (and not v12.5)...
I don't use iMB myself, so I only "vaguely' follow its Versions, and the last Version is now nearly 1 year old already, I think...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...