can we use java scripting in imacros for IE

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
pratiksha27.jain

can we use java scripting in imacros for IE

Post by pratiksha27.jain » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi,
is there a way to use java scripting in imacros for IE?

I have a constrain of using IE only and need to loop certain part of scripting along with csv data source.

Is this possible to use with IE by any chance?

Thanks.
thecoder2012

Re: can we use java scripting in imacros for IE

Post by thecoder2012 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:25 pm

pratiksha27.jain wrote:is there a way to use java scripting in imacros for IE?
See https://wiki.imacros.net/Web_Scripting and Is it possible to execute javascript with imacros for IE ?
pratiksha27.jain wrote:I have a constrain of using IE only and need to loop certain part of scripting along with csv data source.
Examples and tries from you are very helpful.
pratiksha27.jain wrote:Is this possible to use with IE by any chance?
I think not really. Limited with EVAL, maybe. Full javscript support has only Firefox (max. v55) with iMacros (e.g. v8.9.7).
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
chivracq

Re: can we use java scripting in imacros for IE

Post by chivracq » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:39 pm

thecoder2012 wrote:I think not really. Limited with EVAL, maybe.
Yeah, well, it is completely possible, but it remains "Workaround on Workaround" indeed, the "Standard"/Official Way is indeed using a '.js' Script on FF or the Scripting Interface...

But I use myself different Tricks and Techniques to loop only part(s) of my ('.iim', I only use '.iim', even if I'm on FF) Scripts, to "mute" complete Sections of my Scripts, by for example sending the Macro to a "Fake" Tab where the Script won't do anything, or by dynamically switching "in block" several 'TAG POS=n' Statements to "0", some of which can be "cascading", for Macros (conditionally) calling each other, deciding by themselves if they have to loop and how many times, etc... :twisted:
So it's "possible" in pure '.iim' and therefore for IE (or CR), but tja..., it remains a Creative "Workaround on Workaround" Approach, ah-ah...! :wink:

But hum-tja-hum...!, 5 years ago, I was the only one doing (all my) Conditional Logic in pure '.iim', and it staid "like that" for 2 or 3 years, while now maybe 30%-40% of the Threads/Scripts related to Conditional Behaviour I see on the Forum do use one or several Techniques I was for several years the only one to use (and to "advertize"), and all Advanced Users on the Forum (+SOF) now master those Techniques as well, and probably better than me by now, ah-ah...! 8)
(As several still rely on JS for which I'm just a Newbie-Newbie User myself and of which I only use a few "Basic" Commands... I used 'slice()' for the first time ever last night, ah-ah...! Even if I finally went for an "easier"/shorter Solution in the end in that Case by (re)converting a 3D Array (back) to a String..., as String Operations seem to happen quicker than Array Operations as well, and I need Speed... Hum, need to finish that Script btw...) 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...