delete csv column

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
techimac

delete csv column

Post by techimac » Wed May 09, 2018 6:41 am

How to delete columns in csv from javascript?
reading csv and writing to another csv creates issues if cell is blank, it is not written in same column
Available for custom iim, javascript iMacros scripts
thecoder2012

Re: delete csv column

Post by thecoder2012 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:34 am

techimac wrote:reading csv and writing to another csv creates issues if cell is blank, it is not written in same column
Your try? Code example?
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
JamesBassdrop

Post by JamesBassdrop » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:24 pm

techimac wrote:How to delete columns in csv from javascript?
reading csv and writing to another csv creates issues if cell is blank, it is not written in same column
Hi techimac,

I had this problem as well, but I was able to get around it by adding some dummy data to to the !extract variable first ..

Example CSV with no data in some cells:

Code: Select all

,,Col3Data,Col4Data,,Col6Data,,Col8Data
,Col2Data,,,Col5Data,Col6Data,,Col8Data
This following code causes the columns to "shift", making it appear that "Col3Data" is in column 1 for the first row, and "Col2Data" is in the column 1 on the second row :
ADD !extract {{!col1}}
ADD !extract {{!col2}}
ADD !extract {{!col3}}
ADD !extract {{!col4}}
ADD !extract {{!col5}}
ADD !extract {{!col6}}

Nothing gets shifted with a dummy string tacked onto the beginning though:
ADD !extract FartingInYourEye
ADD !extract {{!col1}}
ADD !extract {{!col2}}
ADD !extract {{!col3}}
ADD !extract {{!col4}}
ADD !extract {{!col5}}
ADD !extract {{!col6}}
..just ignore the "FartingInYourEye" (or whatever) dummy data when processing the extract and the rest should be fine, with any empty cells being extracted as empty strings.

Hope this helps — took me a little longer to figure out than I care to admit at the moment :lol:
iMacros for Firefox v8.9.7 | Firefox 56.0.2, Firefox 52 ESR, Pale Moon 27.9.4
I compare performance using all 3 browsers while troubleshooting but there's rarely a discernible difference. [Installed on PM using "Moon Tester Tool" add-on]
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:51 am

thecoder2012 wrote:
techimac wrote:reading csv and writing to another csv creates issues if cell is blank, it is not written in same column
Your try? Code example?
JamesBassdrop wrote:
Hi techimac,

I had this problem as well, but I was able to get around it by adding some dummy data to to the !extract variable first ..

Example CSV with no data in some cells:

,,Col3Data,Col4Data,,Col6Data,,Col8Data
,Col2Data,,,Col5Data,Col6Data,,Col8Data
This following code causes the columns to "shift", making it appear that "Col3Data" is in column 1 for the first row, and "Col2Data" is in the column 1 on the second row :

ADD !extract {{!col1}}
ADD !extract {{!col2}}
ADD !extract {{!col3}}
ADD !extract {{!col4}}
ADD !extract {{!col5}}
ADD !extract {{!col6}}
Nothing gets shifted with a dummy string tacked onto the beginning though:

ADD !extract {{!col1}}
ADD !extract {{!col2}}
ADD !extract {{!col3}}
ADD !extract {{!col4}}
ADD !extract {{!col5}}
ADD !extract {{!col6}}
..just ignore the "FartingInYourEye" (or whatever) dummy data when processing the extract and the rest should be fine, with any empty cells being extracted as empty strings.

Hope this helps — took me a little longer to figure out than I care to admit at the moment :lol:
Hum, "care" or "dare'...!? :wink:

I like the "care" actually, that means you are some kind of "semi-arrogant-Bastard" a bit like me, very-Welcome to the Forum then...!! :D

(You forgot to mention the use of 'FILEDELETE' btw for your Sol to work..., and you don't really need any Dummy extra-Data, you already have Full Control on the '!EXTRACT' Value and its [precise] Content before doing the 'SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT'..., hum, not mentioned either...!)

Hum, and maybe easier would be to access the '.CVS' File from GoogleSheets... :idea:

>>>

Hum, and @JBD, if your Sig is a bit "real"/legit, I'm a DJ as well, check my Profile... I don't know "Neuro-Funk", need to check that one, ah-ah..!
But hum, "Funk", hum..., I'm not too "Funky" to be honest... I can play some, but that's definitely not one of my "Core-Styles", ah-ah...!
But OK, checking 'Neuro-Funk' as soon as I hit the 'Submit' Button for this Post, ah-ah...! :wink:
EDIT: Hum, I see only 1h(30)+ Remixes in "Neurofunk + Drum&Bass" (on YT), all pretending to be the Best one..., can you post 2-3 Links of your FAV-ones...? 8)
(Is OK..., I'm (the only) Forum-Mod, ah-ah... 8) )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:34 pm

JamesBassdrop wrote:iMacros for Firefox v8.9.7 | Firefox 55.0.3, Firefox 56.0.2, Pale Moon 27.9.4
I compare performance using all 3 browsers while troubleshooting but there's rarely a discernible difference. [Installed on P.M. using "Moon Tester Tool" add-on]
Hum, I like your FCI/Sig... :D

But hum, I thought only iMacros v8.8.7 for FF worked on PM27...? (And not v8.9.7.) :?
I haven't tried myself though, I'm still at PM v26.3.3 (+ v8.8.2)... [Win10_x64]
Last edited by chivracq on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
techimac

Post by techimac » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 pm

Hum, and maybe easier would be to access the '.CVS' File from GoogleSheets...

What is the TAG command to read cell from GoogleSheet?
Available for custom iim, javascript iMacros scripts
JamesBassdrop

Post by JamesBassdrop » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:50 am

chivracq wrote:Hum, "care" or "dare'...!?

I like the "care" actually, that means you are some kind of "semi-arrogant-Bastard" a bit like me, very-Welcome to the Forum then...!!

(You forgot to mention the use of 'FILEDELETE' btw for your Sol to work..., and you don't really need any Dummy extra-Data, you already have Full Control on the '!EXTRACT' Value and its [precise] Content before doing the 'SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT'..., hum, not mentioned either...!)

Haha, yeah, I stand by "care" so as not to embarrass myself :oops:

I mostly use javascript (.js) scripts, but here's what happens to me without the dummy data:

Original Data

Script with no dummy string:

for (row = 2; row <= 6; row++) {
	var CsvLoad = "CODE:";
	CsvLoad += "SET !DATASOURCE C:\\iMacros\\Data\\exampledata.csv" + "\n";
	CsvLoad += "SET !DATASOURCE_LINE " + row + "\n";
	CsvLoad += "ADD !EXTRACT {{!col1}}" + "\n";
	CsvLoad += "ADD !EXTRACT {{!col2}}" + "\n";
	CsvLoad += "ADD !EXTRACT {{!col3}}" + "\n";
	CsvLoad += "ADD !EXTRACT {{!col4}}" + "\n";
	CsvLoad += "ADD !EXTRACT {{!col5}}" + "\n";
	CsvLoad += "ADD !EXTRACT {{!col6}}" + "\n";
	CsvLoad += "SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=exampleOut.csv" + "\n";
	iimPlay(CsvLoad);
	var Email = iimGetExtract(1);
	var Prefix = iimGetExtract(2);
	var Name = iimGetExtract(3);
	var Notes = iimGetExtract(4);
	var Active = iimGetExtract(5);
	var NumberOfCats = iimGetExtract(6);
	var FullExtract = iimGetExtract();
	alert("ROW #:" + row + "\n\nEmail: " + Email + "\nPrefix: " + Prefix + "\nName: " + Name + "\nNotes: " + Notes + "\nActive: " + Active + "\nNumberOfCats: " + NumberOfCats + "\n");
	alert("Full !EXTRACT output:\n\n" + FullExtract);
}
Javascript output:

CSV output:

Full !EXTRACT Output:

robert@example.com[EXTRACT]Mr.[EXTRACT]Bob Loblaw[EXTRACT]name funny to say out loud[EXTRACT]Yes[EXTRACT]0
Guest[EXTRACT][EXTRACT]No[EXTRACT]2
james@bassdrop.ca[EXTRACT]Mr.[EXTRACT]James Bassdrop[EXTRACT]fine specimen of human being[EXTRACT]Yes[EXTRACT]3
Dr.[EXTRACT]Pepper[EXTRACT]not a real doctor but tastes good[EXTRACT]Yes[EXTRACT]1
sales@penisland.net[EXTRACT][EXTRACT]Pen Island Pens[EXTRACT]very unfortunate domain name[EXTRACT]No[EXTRACT]
Seems it just doesn't allow an empty value to be stored for the first item(s), but the rest can be... adding the dummy string appears to "anchor" each row from a fixed point so that it doesn't appear that the columns have shifted..

Full !EXTRACT Output w/ dummy string:

DUMMY[EXTRACT]robert@example.com[EXTRACT]Mr.[EXTRACT]Bob Loblaw[EXTRACT]name funny to say out loud[EXTRACT]Yes[EXTRACT]0
DUMMY[EXTRACT][EXTRACT][EXTRACT]Guest[EXTRACT][EXTRACT]No[EXTRACT]2
DUMMY[EXTRACT]james@bassdrop.ca[EXTRACT]Mr.[EXTRACT]James Bassdrop[EXTRACT]fine specimen of human being[EXTRACT]Yes[EXTRACT]3
DUMMY[EXTRACT][EXTRACT]Dr.[EXTRACT]Pepper[EXTRACT]not a real doctor but tastes good[EXTRACT]Yes[EXTRACT]1
DUMMY[EXTRACT]sales@penisland.net[EXTRACT][EXTRACT]Pen Island Pens[EXTRACT]very unfortunate domain name[EXTRACT]No[EXTRACT]
Javascript w/ dummy string:
chivracq wrote:Hum, and @JBD, if your Sig is a bit "real"/legit, I'm a DJ as well, check my Profile... I don't know "Neuro-Funk", need to check that one, ah-ah..!
But hum, "Funk", hum..., I'm not too "Funky" to be honest... I can play some, but that's definitely not one of my "Core-Styles", ah-ah...!
But OK, checking 'Neuro-Funk' as soon as I hit the 'Submit' Button for this Post, ah-ah...!
EDIT: Hum, I see only 1h(30)+ Remixes in "Neurofunk + Drum&Bass" (on YT), all pretending to be the Best one..., can you post 2-3 Links of your FAV-ones...?
(Is OK..., I'm (the only) Forum-Mod, ah-ah... )
Neurofunk's a high-energy drum and bass subgenre that's on the darker/heavier end of the DnB spectrum... it's heavily synthesized/distorted with a focus on big drops and dark, so-called "neurological" basslines and often has a bit of a sci-fi theme or "feel" to it. Like drum and bass in general, live dj sets often feature MCs.. when done right, they're usually dancing/grooving along with the crowd, helping build crowd hype during the buildups and breakdowns, and very occasionally spitting the odd strategically-placed 16-32 bars of proper/solid rhyming. Done wrong, I find them reminiscent of auctioneers.. never tired of hearing the sound of their own voice but good luck understanding a word of it..haha) Anyways, I've heard neurofunk described by others as anything from "dance music for androids" to "anxiety-inducing".. but who knows lol

https://youtu.be/5gY5nBdQ6uA (the channel it's on is pretty decent.. videos of neurofunk sets in the Czech republic w/ new content added often.)
https://youtu.be/YvUtd1FM0Lc (on my channel, but Eatbrain's a great neurofunk label I help promote... frequent high quality releases by neuro producers worldwide, chatter-free podcasts, etc.)
https://youtu.be/ZzCN-9PRTWI (Black Sun Empire & their Blackout Music NL label are both pretty solid, based in your country too)
https://youtu.be/w9vCZatW9b8 (older one.. Stakka & Skynet mixing the tracks off their classic "Clockwork" LP from 2001)

You can grab one of my mixes too if you want — or there's a bunch posted here too.

Where can I grab a mix of two of yours? :D
chivracq wrote:Hum, I like your FCI/Sig... :D

But hum, I thought only iMacros v8.8.7 for FF worked on PM27...? (And not v8.9.7.) :?
I haven't tried myself though, I'm still at PM v26.3.3 (+ v8.8.2)... [Win10_x64]
Thanks! My signature was actually inspired by yours. As you know, it's difficult (if not impossible) to get, or give, proper technical help without knowing any of the proper technical details.

You're right that Pale Moon 27 blocks it by default (along with every other FF plugin that hasn't specifically been proven compatible) but I installed it from the xpi file using the Moon Tester Tool add-on for Pale Moon.. it'll let you install any Firefox plugin by completely ignoring versions/compatibility/etc. which generally isn't particularly wise... but, that said, I haven't noticed any compatibility issues with them and they've played together nicely for me thus far on both Win10_x64 and Win7_x64.

Anyways, cheers for the warm welcome chivracq!

It's always nice finding people who share some of the same wildly different hobbies as I do — big up 8)
iMacros for Firefox v8.9.7 | Firefox 56.0.2, Firefox 52 ESR, Pale Moon 27.9.4
I compare performance using all 3 browsers while troubleshooting but there's rarely a discernible difference. [Installed on PM using "Moon Tester Tool" add-on]
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:19 am

techimac wrote:Hum, and maybe easier would be to access the '.CVS' File from GoogleSheets...

What is the TAG command to read cell from GoogleSheet?
Houah...!, you...!, I've stopped helping you a few months ago for "Poor Quality Threads" just like FCI not mentioned in this one...! + "POOR Follow-up + Never sharing your Final Scripts", but I (quite recently actually) answered several Threads about 'GoogleSheets' and mentioned all the Tricks on how to handle those...! :idea:
(... Hum, "Tricks" that you should have found out by yourself actually, you are long not a Newbie anymore...! :shock: )

I don't think I ever needed more than 60 sec to find a Sol to any of your last 50 maybe 100 Threads, I still sometimes have a look at your "later" Threads after I stopped helping you, pity for you I would think... (that you so often never managed to find just "those 60 sec" to follow up and share your Sol...), tja...!
But hum..., most of your Qt's are a bit "stupid" anyway, I wouldn't say so/anything if you were a 'Newbie'..., but pfff, how long have you used iMacros now...!? (It took me 6 months to start being able to answer practically ALL Threads on the Forum, you are waaaaaaaay over "my" 6 months, I would think..., ah-ah...! You should be helping other Users on the Forum... :idea: )

Hum except this recent one, very interesting Site indeed, and I have to concede, oops-oops...!, it took me a "little bit" longer than 60 sec to find a Solution, oops...! :wink:

>>>

Ouf, that was a long Reply...:
JamesBassdrop wrote:
chivracq wrote:Hum, "care" or "dare'...!?

I like the "care" actually, that means you are some kind of "semi-arrogant-Bastard" a bit like me, very-Welcome to the Forum then...!!

Haha, yeah, I stand by "care" so as not to embarrass myself :oops:

I mostly use javascript (.js) scripts, but here's what happens to me without the dummy data:

Original Data

Script with no dummy string:

for (row = 2; row <= 6; row++) {
	var CsvLoad = "CODE:";
	CsvLoad += "SET !DATASOURCE C:\\iMacros\\Data\\exampledata.csv" + "\n";
	CsvLoad += "SET !DATASOURCE_LINE " + row + "\n";
	CsvLoad += "ADD !EXTRACT {{!col1}}" + "\n";
	CsvLoad += "ADD !EXTRACT {{!col2}}" + "\n";
	CsvLoad += "ADD !EXTRACT {{!col3}}" + "\n";
	CsvLoad += "ADD !EXTRACT {{!col4}}" + "\n";
	CsvLoad += "ADD !EXTRACT {{!col5}}" + "\n";
	CsvLoad += "ADD !EXTRACT {{!col6}}" + "\n";
	CsvLoad += "SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=exampleOut.csv" + "\n";
	iimPlay(CsvLoad);
	var Email = iimGetExtract(1);
	var Prefix = iimGetExtract(2);
	var Name = iimGetExtract(3);
	var Notes = iimGetExtract(4);
	var Active = iimGetExtract(5);
	var NumberOfCats = iimGetExtract(6);
	var FullExtract = iimGetExtract();
	alert("ROW #:" + row + "\n\nEmail: " + Email + "\nPrefix: " + Prefix + "\nName: " + Name + "\nNotes: " + Notes + "\nActive: " + Active + "\nNumberOfCats: " + NumberOfCats + "\n");
	alert("Full !EXTRACT output:\n\n" + FullExtract);
}
Javascript output:

CSV output:

Full !EXTRACT Output:

robert@example.com[EXTRACT]Mr.[EXTRACT]Bob Loblaw[EXTRACT]name funny to say out loud[EXTRACT]Yes[EXTRACT]0
Guest[EXTRACT][EXTRACT]No[EXTRACT]2
james@bassdrop.ca[EXTRACT]Mr.[EXTRACT]James Bassdrop[EXTRACT]fine specimen of human being[EXTRACT]Yes[EXTRACT]3
Dr.[EXTRACT]Pepper[EXTRACT]not a real doctor but tastes good[EXTRACT]Yes[EXTRACT]1
sales@penisland.net[EXTRACT][EXTRACT]Pen Island Pens[EXTRACT]very unfortunate domain name[EXTRACT]No[EXTRACT]
Seems it just doesn't allow an empty value to be stored for the first item(s), but the rest can be... adding the dummy string appears to "anchor" each row from a fixed point so that it doesn't appear that the columns have shifted..

Full !EXTRACT Output w/ dummy string:

DUMMY[EXTRACT]robert@example.com[EXTRACT]Mr.[EXTRACT]Bob Loblaw[EXTRACT]name funny to say out loud[EXTRACT]Yes[EXTRACT]0
DUMMY[EXTRACT][EXTRACT][EXTRACT]Guest[EXTRACT][EXTRACT]No[EXTRACT]2
DUMMY[EXTRACT]james@bassdrop.ca[EXTRACT]Mr.[EXTRACT]James Bassdrop[EXTRACT]fine specimen of human being[EXTRACT]Yes[EXTRACT]3
DUMMY[EXTRACT][EXTRACT]Dr.[EXTRACT]Pepper[EXTRACT]not a real doctor but tastes good[EXTRACT]Yes[EXTRACT]1
DUMMY[EXTRACT]sales@penisland.net[EXTRACT][EXTRACT]Pen Island Pens[EXTRACT]very unfortunate domain name[EXTRACT]No[EXTRACT]
Javascript w/ dummy string:
Hum, I didn't really check anymore on that part, but yep indeed, if First Extract is Empty => No Save indeed, can usually be solved by adding some extra '[EXTRACT]' to the Extract (at the Beginning) I would think...
JamesBassdrop wrote:
chivracq wrote:Hum, and @JBD, if your Sig is a bit "real"/legit, I'm a DJ as well, check my Profile... I don't know "Neuro-Funk", need to check that one, ah-ah..!
But OK, checking 'Neuro-Funk' as soon as I hit the 'Submit' Button for this Post, ah-ah...!
EDIT: Hum, I see only 1h(30)+ Remixes in "Neurofunk + Drum&Bass" (on YT), all pretending to be the Best one..., can you post 2-3 Links of your FAV-ones...?
(Is OK..., I'm (the only) Forum-Mod, ah-ah... )

Neurofunk's a high-energy drum and bass subgenre that's on the darker/heavier end of the DnB spectrum... it's heavily synthesized/distorted with a focus on big drops and dark, so-called "neurological" basslines and often has a bit of a sci-fi theme or "feel" to it. Like drum and bass in general, live dj sets often feature MCs.. when done right, they're usually dancing/grooving along with the crowd, helping build crowd hype during the buildups and breakdowns, and very occasionally spitting the odd strategically-placed 16-32 bars of proper/solid rhyming. Done wrong, I find them reminiscent of auctioneers.. never tired of hearing the sound of their own voice but good luck understanding a word of it..haha) Anyways, I've heard neurofunk described by others as anything from "dance music for androids" to "anxiety-inducing".. but who knows lol

https://youtu.be/5gY5nBdQ6uA (the channel it's on is pretty decent.. videos of neurofunk sets in the Czech republic w/ new content added often.)
https://youtu.be/YvUtd1FM0Lc (on my channel, but Eatbrain's a great neurofunk label I help promote... frequent high quality releases by neuro producers worldwide, chatter-free podcasts, etc.)
https://youtu.be/ZzCN-9PRTWI (Black Sun Empire & their Blackout Music NL label are both pretty solid, based in your country too)
https://youtu.be/w9vCZatW9b8 (older one.. Stakka & Skynet mixing the tracks off their classic "Clockwork" LP from 2001)

You can grab one of my mixes too if you want — or there's a bunch posted here too.

Where can I grab a mix of two of yours? :D
OK, this the Music/DJ part... Just checking...!! OK, yep it is... (Sorry getting a bit lost with all the Forum-Quotes...)

Yeah well, Thanks for all the Links, took me a "while" to reply because most Links on YT are all about Remixes/Podcasts of 1h+ but I usually have a very bad Int.-Co. (even if I have about 60h/24h Internet "Presence", Reason why my Scripts are always veeeeery Secure and optimized for Reliability and slow/failing Co., and Performance when Co. is working (for a while)...), but hum..., always difficult for me to check anything on YT, I always first need to download it locally, otherwise I can watch for 10 sec, then 20 sec caching, then watch again for 10 sec..., etc...

But OK, I managed to download some 'Eatbrain Podcast 71' from one of your Links (several others didn't work (for me)), Audio-part stopped at 23'40" from the Download, but hum..., not really my Style to be honest, too "Dub" for me, that I don't really like, I just find it "Noize", too much Variation in Beat/Tempo until it reaches 'Dub-Step' Tempo, not danceable unless 03h/05h/07 in the morning I often end up in "Underground" Places where everybody still wants to dance and move their Body a bit "automatically" on that kind of Music...

I like Happy Dynamic Up-Tempo Music, always "Surprising", I've never seen anybody dancing "automatically" on my Music, ah-ah...!, even if I can go a bit "softer" from time to time, I often do veeeery long Sets, 10h-16h long, Personal Record is now on 36h Non-Stop, so I guess I went a bit "Softer" and "Chill" at some point..., but even when I play "Chill", nobody dances "automatically" on "my" Music ah-ah...!
(And nope, I don't have any Recording...)
Playing this coming Sa.. in Amsterdam..., looking for........, yep found the Event... 8)
JamesBassdrop wrote:
chivracq wrote:Hum, I like your FCI/Sig... :D

Thanks! My signature was actually inspired by yours. As you know, it's difficult (if not impossible) to get, or give, proper technical help without knowing any of the proper technical details.

You're right that Pale Moon 27 blocks it by default (along with every other FF plugin that hasn't specifically been proven compatible) but I installed it from the xpi file using the Moon Tester Tool add-on for Pale Moon.. it'll let you install any Firefox plugin by completely ignoring versions/compatibility/etc. which generally isn't particularly wise... but, that said, I haven't noticed any compatibility issues with them and they've played together nicely for me thus far on both Win10_x64 and Win7_x64.

Anyways, cheers for the warm welcome chivracq!

It's always nice finding people who share some of the same wildly different hobbies as I do — big up 8)
Hum, nice Add-on indeed, I used to use some similar one from 7-8 years ago (on FF), still kept working on all those Versions since, and on PM as well, even if I a few time times had to go and "tweak" my 'about:config' to sometimes "reactivate" it between different Versions, but it's always worked and I normally can always install everything I want..., "your" Add-on looks more "Powerful" from the Description, except that I don't understand why they've already had so many Updates each time a new PM/FF Version gets released... :?

=> Once Add-on Compatibility has been disabled, you shouldn't need to care about it anymore, even if F/PM complains about it...
(Just like I still use "that" one from 7-8 years ago..., still works perfectly, never-ever had to update it...)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:00 pm

chivracq wrote:I like Happy Dynamic Up-Tempo Music, always "Surprising", I've never seen anybody dancing "automatically" on my Music, ah-ah...!, even if I can go a bit "softer" from time to time, I often do veeeery long Sets, 10h-16h long, Personal Record is now on 36h Non-Stop, so I guess I went a bit "Softer" and "Chill" at some point..., but even when I play "Chill", nobody dances "automatically" on "my" Music ah-ah...!
(And nope, I don't have any Recording...)
Playing this coming Sa.. in Amsterdam..., looking for........, yep found the Event... 8)
Hum, I forgot to add "Melodic" in "Happy Dynamic Up-Tempo Music", I realize...

And hum, about "People dancing automatically", I actually had "even worse" than that once, ah-ah...! :oops:
I used to play for one and a half years nearly every Friday in some crazy/artistic/a bit Underground very nice Place on a Boat, usually once or twice "Officially" per Month, and the other Fridays, I would just go there and simply "take over" from 02h/03h/04h when the "Official" DJ of that Evening would decide to stop, either staying in the same Style like the previous DJ or switching "abruptly" to some other Style, a bit depending on my "Mood" and the Public of course, always very diverse..., and I always got some "crazy" Place within a few seconds after I had started..., and I knew my Music "worked"... 8)

But one Evening, I first went to another Place (hum, same Place where I'll be playing this coming Saturday actually, funny...!), I already had my Laptop with me, planning to go later to the Boat around 02h..., and at the first Place, they didn't really have a DJ that Evening after the Live Concert, so I ended up playing some of my Music, the same kind of Music I would play on the Boat..., but within maybe 5 min, the Dance Floor was a bit "deserted", which was a bit normal, Summer, and most People wanted to get a Drink and a Smoke after the Live Music but I expected People to come back a bit later..., which to my Surprise never really happened, People were coming from time to time to check the Dance Floor, I could see them thinking "Oh..., good Music, but nobody is dancing, Ill check again later", and everybody waiting for other People to go/start dancing, and checking back a bit later, but still nobody... After maybe 1 hour, and I tried different Styles of course, but no change..., I asked some Guy working there if he had any Idea why nobody was dancing and his Answer was "Tja...!, what do you expect...?, they are waiting for some GOOD Music...!" Oops, that's a Killer, ah-ah...!! :shock:
Then the Evening slowly finished there, with no real Change..., and 1h later I was on my Boat..., where the DJ of the Evening stopped and I could take over..., I played "as a Test" exactly the same Music like 2h ago at the first Place..., and it was a crazy Place within 30 sec..., until probably 10h in the morning, or I don't remember what time we finished that day... Strange... :shock:
[But the "Killer" at the first Place doesn't work there anymore, while I still play there regularly, then I guess my Music is not that bad actually, ah-ah...! :wink: ]

But Events (Live Music + DJ) on Friday/Saturday at that Place are always a bit of a "Russian Roulette" during the Summer, as it is "inside", but when it's nice Weather, most People (me the first actually!) will prefer to stay until late in Parks or to go to Open Air Festivals and it can remain nearly deserted, while if it's bad Weather or starts raining or getting "cold" in the Evening, it can get packed within half an hour, with People arriving by bunches of 10 or 20 together... OK, we'll see..., but hum, Weather is nice this Week (+ WE), I think, oops...! :wink:

[Hum, and sorry @OP for polluting this Thread, oops...! :wink: Oh...!, @OP = @techimac, then that's OK, no problem, ah-ah...! I've helped them often enough, and the Quality of their Threads is usually not very-very High anyway... 8) ]