download works in 10.3 but not 11

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
shaves

download works in 10.3 but not 11

Post by shaves » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:21 pm

I use the following code in an Excel VBA macro. The code downloads the report in version 10.3 just like I expect it to. However, another user has version 11 and this same code doesn't download the report. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help

IMCode = "CODE:"
IMCode = IMCode + "TAB T=1" + vbNewLine
IMCode = IMCode + "SET !TIMEOUT 60" + vbNewLine
IMCode = IMCode + "TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS" + vbNewLine
IMCode = IMCode + "ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=C:\Temp\ FILE=DDRpt.txt WAIT=YES" + vbNewLine
IMCode = IMCode + "TAG POS=" & RptList(Z) & " TYPE=A FORM=NAME:reportHistoryForm ATTR=TXT:Text<SP>" + vbNewLine
IMCode = IMCode + "WAIT SECONDS=10" + vbNewLine

These machines have Office 365 (Excel 2016) (32 bit version)
Windows 10
iMacros 11.0.246
chivracq

Re: download works in 10.3 but not 11

Post by chivracq » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:02 pm

shaves wrote:I use the following code in an Excel VBA macro. The code downloads the report in version 10.3 just like I expect it to. However, another user has version 11 and this same code doesn't download the report. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help

Code: Select all

IMCode = "CODE:"
IMCode = IMCode + "TAB T=1" + vbNewLine
IMCode = IMCode + "SET !TIMEOUT 60" + vbNewLine
IMCode = IMCode + "TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS" + vbNewLine
IMCode = IMCode + "ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=C:\Temp\ FILE=DDRpt.txt WAIT=YES" + vbNewLine
IMCode = IMCode + "TAG POS=" & RptList(Z) & " TYPE=A FORM=NAME:reportHistoryForm ATTR=TXT:Text<SP>" + vbNewLine
IMCode = IMCode + "WAIT SECONDS=10" + vbNewLine
These machines have Office 365 (Excel 2016) (32 bit version)

Code: Select all

Windows 10
iMacros 11.0.246
My 2cts as I don't use iMB...:

Looks like several Issues related to 'ONDOWNLOAD' were fixed in iMB v11.1 that got released after v11.0:
Version 11.1, Released March 17, 2016 wrote:
  • Fixed: Download manager downloading HTML source code rather than target file and new DL manager downloading 0 KB file. iMacros now detects whether the download is the result of a POST and falls back to IE's default download manager.
  • Fixed: File appears to download but can't be found on disk.
  • Fixed: New download manager saves file using temporary file name.
... And again later with v11.5:
Version 11.5, Released October 13, 2016 wrote:
  • Fixed: Download not being handled when iMacros browser doesn't have focus.
They could maybe try "playing" with '!USE_DOWNLOADMANAGER' to see if it makes a Difference...

But iMB v11.0 was a bit of a "Temp" Version, which "reached Maturity and Stability" with v11.5, so if they can, your Colleague should update to v11.5, I would think...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:46 pm

Hum, stg else your Colleague could try as well, would be to run the Script as pure '.iim' from iMB directly, without the Scripting Interface, in order to check/test if the Download already works... :idea:

Could try as well downloading directly to the Default 'Downloads' Folder (=> without specifying a Path...), and doubling the Backslashes in the Path...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
shaves

Post by shaves » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:04 pm

Thanks...........I'll try some of those suggestions. The version is controlled by our IT department so getting 11.5 may not be a quick solution. I've had a couple of users get rolled back to 10.3 and it works. So maybe we have to use that until IT releases 11.5. As always, Thanks for the help and quick replies..........
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:53 am

shaves wrote:Thanks...........I'll try some of those suggestions. The version is controlled by our IT department so getting 11.5 may not be a quick solution. I've had a couple of users get rolled back to 10.3 and it works. So maybe we have to use that until IT releases 11.5. As always, Thanks for the help and quick replies..........
:wink:

Hum..., "strange" anyway that your IT-Dept "staid" at v11.0, v11.5 was the "stable" Version for the v11.x Line, like v10.3 was indeed the stable Version for the v10.x Line...
(Nice to have the 'EVENT' Mode in v11.5 as well... :wink: )