Imacros Browser Not responding with VBScript

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
chivracq

Re: Imacros Browser Not responding with VBScript

Post by chivracq » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:25 pm

For those interested, + parallel Thread on SOF:
- Parallel Instance of Imacros Browser Not responding with VBScript
No Replies yet, just got opened... FCI not mentioned...
I will cross-link on SOF to this current Thread in 2 days maybe, to let "Gurus" from the 'vbscript' SOF-Tag Community have the time to react with a "fresh look", hopefully... :wink:

(Correct Spelling is "iMacros" btw... :wink: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:02 pm

Aditya93 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:38 pm
any way to use .bat to open the files in the browser that is already opened a specific one among them
Sorry, I don't completely follow the question. Can you post an example of what you want to be able to do?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:40 pm

chivracq wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:25 pm
I will cross-link on SOF to this current Thread in 2 days maybe, to let "Gurus" from the 'vbscript' SOF-Tag Community have the time to react with a "fresh look", hopefully... :wink:

This appears to be the same user that started this thread. Perhaps they are not satisfied with the help provided here?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Aditya93

Post by Aditya93 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:58 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:40 pm
This appears to be the same user that started this thread. Perhaps they are not satisfied with the help provided here?
No, its just that I didn't find the solution to my problem yet. Any and every help is appreciated :D .
Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:02 pm
Sorry, I don't completely follow the question. Can you post an example of what you want to be able to do?
As VBS was making the browser not responding was thinking of trying to run the .iim files directly from the .bat file, so wanted to how can i initiate them so
like browser A is opened the 1st .iim file executes from .bat after that the next .iim file should also continue in the same browser A where the 1st .iim file left/ended
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:38 pm

Hi Aditya,
Aditya93 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:58 pm
No, its just that I didn't find the solution to my problem yet. Any and every help is appreciated :D .
Oh, I was under the impression that you had a workable solution after you posted:
Aditya93 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:46 am
not sure wht the issue was, it seems to be working now
Aditya93 wrote:
As VBS was making the browser not responding was thinking of trying to run the .iim files directly from the .bat file, so wanted to how can i initiate them so
like browser A is opened the 1st .iim file executes from .bat after that the next .iim file should also continue in the same browser A where the 1st .iim file left/ended
Unfortunately no, that is a limitation of using the command-line interface - it always launches a new browser instance for playing just the macro specified.

So you are saying that the workaround approach I suggested still does not solve the issue? Do the browsers always stop responding, or is it more or less random?

I think the next thing you should try is using separate user accounts as I had initially suggested. For example, create new local Windows user accounts on your machine, i.e. iMacrosUser1, iMacrosUser2, iMacrosUser3, etc. Then create a scheduled task under each account to launch your original VBScript. You'll also want to ensure that each account is logged into the machine when running the scheduled task, as per our best practices here for How to run iMacros unattended.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Aditya93

Post by Aditya93 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:15 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:38 pm
So you are saying that the workaround approach I suggested still does not solve the issue? Do the browsers always stop responding, or is it more or less random?
90% of the time the browser goes in not responding
Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:38 pm
I think the next thing you should try is using separate user accounts as I had initially suggested. For example, create new local Windows user accounts on your machine, i.e. iMacrosUser1, iMacrosUser2, iMacrosUser3, etc. Then create a scheduled task under each account to launch your original VBScript. You'll also want to ensure that each account is logged into the machine when running the scheduled task, as per our best practices here for How to run iMacros unattended.
I tried running with the iimRunner but the macro wasnt doing anything that were opened in the other users other then the one which were opened in my screen, the other user was logged in as well.
IT maybe due to flash, not sure, if you say will it once again
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:23 pm

No, you don't need to use iimRunner in this case. iimRunner is used when you need to run your script in a more restricted user account, e.g. an account setup specifically to run a web server, so that the browser and macros can be run under a separate, normal account.

You can test this scenario without setting up any schedule tasks at first. Just create the user accounts, log into each, then launch your script in each account one at a time by switching between the user accounts. Then after some time, continue to switch between them to check the status of the browsers and whether they are still responding.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Aditya93

Post by Aditya93 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:07 am

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:23 pm
You can test this scenario without setting up any schedule tasks at first. Just create the user accounts, log into each, then launch your script in each account one at a time by switching between the user accounts. Then after some time, continue to switch between them to check the status of the browsers and whether they are still responding.
After making 4 user accounts, First I ran the normal non scripted iMacros one in each user and they all finished there tasks successfully which apparently they were doing if run in one user also.
After that I started the iMacros via vbscript in different users manually, one in each user the same thing they had to do which i had tried with the non scripted one.

The vbs one didnt give not responding in 4 out of 5 tries, in 1 of them 1 iMacros Browser was not responding, but non of them actually did anything, I mean when i was swapping the users, they were all running but no data was being added in the file, but when i was in that specific user the data starts to add as soon as i switch the user, no more data was being added in the .csv file
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:36 am

Ok, I was afraid that might happen. It sounds like the Flash app may not work when running in a locked desktop. I'm nearly out of ideas at this point, but I would like to see if I can reproduce the behavior myself and troubleshoot it directly. Would you be willing to share your input file with me (the one containing your credentials) so that I can give it a try? If so, please either email a copy to iMacrosSupport-ipswitch[at]progress.com, or use a file sharing service of your choice and email me a link to download the file to the same address.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Aditya93

Post by Aditya93 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:51 pm

hi Tom

have mailed you the data, hope it will help in finding where the issue is:P
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi Aditya,

I got the files, thanks. None of the credentials were valid though so I could not test anything further than attempting to login. However, I was able to launch multiple instances of the script and did not experience the iMacros browser "Not Responding" issue:

Dragon Multi-Instance.png
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Aditya93

Post by Aditya93 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:49 pm

the credentials should have worked, but even if they worked, you wont be able to run it as the imagesearch n imageclick commands would not be able to find the images unless the resolution of your pc is same as mine.
maybe the run time of the instances that you launched to login were too small, i mean it wont even take a min to login

sending the user ids again on mail

Started 5 instances
after 2 mins
2 went in Not Responding, rest finished successfully
Attachments
Screenshot_2.png
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:05 pm

Aditya93 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:49 pm
the credentials should have worked, but even if they worked, you wont be able to run it as the imagesearch n imageclick commands would not be able to find the images unless the resolution of your pc is same as mine.
maybe the run time of the instances that you launched to login were too small, i mean it wont even take a min to login

sending the user ids again on mail

Started 5 instances
after 2 mins
2 went in Not Responding, rest finished successfully
My 2cts, but hum, you mentioned in your FCI in your OP that you were using iMB v11.5 (and @Tom tested in that Version), while you seem to be using iMB v10.2 from your Screenshot...!? That's a "huge" Difference, I would think..., and stable Version to use in the iMB v10.x Line if your v10.x License didn't allow you to update to v11.0/v11.5/v12.0/v12.5 would be iMB v10.4 anyway...: :?
Aditya93 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:00 am

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=11.5.498.2403
Windows 7 x64 (English)
Imacros Browser V11.5.498.2403
>>>
Aditya93 wrote:
Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:40 pm
chivracq wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:25 pm

=> @Tom, boah...!, it's "common" Practice indeed for some Users to open a same Thread on both Forums, nothing "wrong" with that in my Opinion, the "Fields of Expertise" can be different on both Forums, especially if related to 'JS' or 'VBS'..., and if "they" provide the same "Quality" on both Forums and maintain/update them both..., or I stop helping them, even on our Forum... FCI for example is still missing from the Thread on SOF, etc... :|

After 4 days (still no Replies), I've just posted a Comment in that Thread on SOF to cross-link to this current Thread on "our" Forum...

And opening a (parallel) Thread on SOF could have been a "good move" indeed for the 'vbscript' part, but hum, still no Replies, and Nb of Views at 15 (with maybe 5 from me, ah-ah...!), which is pretty low and probably only came from Users watching the 'imacros' Tag. I guess the 'vbscript' Tag was probably not the "best" one to choose, that Thread should have gotten much more Views from Advanced Users on SOF watching Threads related to 'VBS'/'VBA'/'WSH' etc...

But the "Quality" of Threads about iMacros on SOF is usually very-very low, I rarely answer Threads there as I don't like the Site which is completely buggy, clumsy, not User friendly, and only aimed at "Askers" (while I'm an "Answerer") and only turns around Reputation Points... And I can't ask a User there to mention their FCI in a Thread without getting all my other Answers down-voted, ah-ah...! (It took me there a stupid 3.5 YEARS...!, to reach 50 Pts to finally be able to post a simple Comment in a Thread, tja...! :shock: )
My "Low Quality" Reproach is only about iMacros Threads..., for 'JS'/'VBS'/'WSH'/'CMD' etc..., then the Quality is perfect..., it's my "Bible" for those Technologies/Languages... :D

And most Users (for iMacros Qt's/Threads) never follow up on their Threads and simply delete their Qt (with the whole Thread) once they've got their Answer, and some very active "Kantu Troll-Team" is highjacking most iMacros Threads also, so it's a bit useless and "frustrating" for me to try to help (iMacros) Users there... :roll:
So I simply don't like the Site for that Reputation System and it's simply too buggy for me, with a very bad Design, it doesn't even work anymore in my Default Browser (PM v26.3.3) since one year... :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
Aditya93

Post by Aditya93 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:56 am

chivracq wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:05 pm
you mentioned in your FCI in your OP that you were using iMB v11.5 (and @Tom tested in that Version), while you seem to be using iMB v10.2 from your Screenshot...!? That's a "huge" Difference, I would think..., and stable Version to use in the iMB v10.x Line if your v10.x License didn't allow you to update to v11.0/v11.5/v12.0/v12.5 would be iMB v10.4 anyway...: :?
I was using vr 11.5 but wasn't able to record the macro with DS option, so i reverted back to my old one that was vr 10.0
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:19 am

Aditya93 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:56 am
chivracq wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:05 pm
you mentioned in your FCI in your OP that you were using iMB v11.5 (and @Tom tested in that Version), while you seem to be using iMB v10.2 from your Screenshot...!? That's a "huge" Difference, I would think..., and stable Version to use in the iMB v10.x Line if your v10.x License didn't allow you to update to v11.0/v11.5/v12.0/v12.5 would be iMB v10.4 anyway...: :?
I was using vr 11.5 but wasn't able to record the macro with DS option, so i reverted back to my old one that was vr 10.0
Oh...!, and you didn't think that was "worth" mentioning...? I don't think @Tom would have done any Testing if your Case had been about iMB and SI v10.x, although I guess that was probably "visible" from the File(s) he received, hum, then OK... :|
But hum, still not really "convinced", everything you can record in iMB v10.x using the 'DS' Mode should be recordable in iMB v11.5 as well, I would think, and for sure playable in v11.5, then do your Testing in v11.5 like @Tom did... :idea:

Your Thread is about running several Instances of iMB (v11.5) through the SI (v11.5) with VBScript, not about recording one specific Action using the 'DS' Mode... :?
I'm not even sure you can have the complete iMacros Enterprise Env. v10.x + v11.5 with iMB + SI (easily) running next to each other in the same Environment... :o
(But I/we could use your Help more often on the Forum if you maintain several "Enterprise Level" Environments just to play a Game... I'm jealous, ah-ah...! I also came to iMacros through a Game and have since gained absolutely all my "Knowledge" only from playing stupid Games, ah-ah...! :idea: )