Macro works in Enterprise Edition but not with the Player Edition

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
shaves

Macro works in Enterprise Edition but not with the Player Edition

Post by shaves » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:32 pm

I've developed a macro to fill in a number of fields in a web site and click a "validate" and "submit" button. On my machine, with the Enterprise Edition, it runs as expected. I've tested it a number of times and haven't had any issues. I sent the macro to a field user, who has the Player Edition. When they run the macro, it's fine through the login process and works until it starts entering data. When it hits the highlighted line below, the macro clears the web site and leaves a few links. It's very strange. I've never had this happen before with one of my macros.

This is the first field the macro is updating. It enters the value and then clicks the "ENTER" button. This particular website needs an "enter" or "tab" keystroke at this point to start a behind the scenes validation. (When it runs on my machine, there is a little validation message that pops up after the "ENTER" key is executed - just like it is supposed to.)

However, when several different users with the Player Edition run it, the website goes practically blank when the "ENTER" command is executed.

fyi...……..The extract code below is used to confirm that value has been entered and validated and then the macro moves on to the next field.

IM = ""
IM = "CODE:"
IM = IM + "TAB T=2" + vbNewLine
IM = IM + "SET !TIMEOUT 1" + vbNewLine
IM = IM + "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:editWarrantyform:repairOrderNumberId CONTENT=" & vRO(Y) + vbNewLine

iret = iim1.iimPlay(IM)

IM = ""
IM = IM + "SET !TIMEOUT 60" + vbNewLine
IM = IM + "DS CMD=KEY X=0 Y=0 CONTENT={ENTER}" + vbNewLine

iret = iim1.iimPlay(IM) **** MACRO ERRORS OUT WHEN THIS LINE IS EXECUTED

IM = ""
IM = IM + "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:editWarrantyform:repairOrderNumberId EXTRACT=TXT" + vbNewLine

iret = iim1.iimPlay(IM)

vTmp = ""
vTmp = iim1.iimgetlastextract
vTmp = Replace(vTmp, "[EXTRACT]", "")
vTmp = Trim(vTmp)

Does the "ENTER" command work any different in the Player edition than in the Enterprise Edition? I have several other processes in this same macro. The Field Users are say they run without any issues. I don't think the "ENTER" command is used in any of the other processes. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue for the End Users would be greatly appreciated. As always, Thank You for your time and effort in responding to these questions...…..

Office 365 (Excel 2016)
iMacros 12.0.501.6698
Windows 10
64 bit OS
chivracq

Re: Macro works in Enterprise Edition but not with the Player Edition

Post by chivracq » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:34 pm

shaves wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:32 pm
I've developed a macro to fill in a number of fields in a web site and click a "validate" and "submit" button. On my machine, with the Enterprise Edition, it runs as expected. I've tested it a number of times and haven't had any issues. I sent the macro to a field user, who has the Player Edition. When they run the macro, it's fine through the login process and works until it starts entering data. When it hits the highlighted line below, the macro clears the web site and leaves a few links. It's very strange. I've never had this happen before with one of my macros.

This is the first field the macro is updating. It enters the value and then clicks the "ENTER" button. This particular website needs an "enter" or "tab" keystroke at this point to start a behind the scenes validation. (When it runs on my machine, there is a little validation message that pops up after the "ENTER" key is executed - just like it is supposed to.)

However, when several different users with the Player Edition run it, the website goes practically blank when the "ENTER" command is executed.

fyi...……..The extract code below is used to confirm that value has been entered and validated and then the macro moves on to the next field.

Code: Select all

IM = ""
            IM = IM + "SET !TIMEOUT 1" + vbNewLine
            IM = IM + "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:editWarrantyform:repairOrderNumberId CONTENT=" & vRO(Y) + vbNewLine

iret = iim1.iimPlay(IM)

IM = ""
            IM = IM + "DS CMD=KEY X=0 Y=0 CONTENT={ENTER}" + vbNewLine

iret = iim1.iimPlay(IM)         **** MACRO ERRORS OUT WHEN THIS LINE IS EXECUTED

IM = ""
            IM = IM + "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:editWarrantyform:repairOrderNumberId EXTRACT=TXT" + vbNewLine

iret = iim1.iimPlay(IM)

vTmp = ""
            vTmp = iim1.iimgetlastextract
            vTmp = Replace(vTmp, "[EXTRACT]", "")
            vTmp = Trim(vTmp)
Does the "ENTER" command work any different in the Player edition than in the Enterprise Edition? I have several other processes in this same macro. The Field Users are say they run without any issues. I don't think the "ENTER" command is used in any of the other processes. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue for the End Users would be greatly appreciated. As always, Thank You for your time and effort in responding to these questions...…..

Code: Select all

Office 365 (Excel 2016)
 iMacros 12.0.501.6698
 Windows 10 64 bit OS

+ Parallel Thread on SOF:
- iMacros Enterprise Edition macro doesn't work with the iMacros Player Edition
(FCI not mentioned :roll: , but with more Info (about IE Emulation), No Answer...)

>>>

- I wanted to mention "yesterday" as a possible Workaround to try triggering the 'Enter' or 'Tab' using the 'EVENT' Mode instead of the 'DS' Mode, but I "think" I understood from the Wiki that the 'KEY' Param needed for those 2 'KEYPRESS' Events is not supported on iMB, oops...

- Could also try a mini-'MOUSEMOVE' or 'DBLCLICK' or some Left/Middle/Right 'CLICK' "somewhere" on the Page if that maybe also activates the "Background Validation"...

- And also maybe try increasing a bit the "0/0" Coordinates for the 'DS' 'Enter'...

>>>

Those are just "uneducated 2cts Suggs", I have never used iMB myself, and iMP even less..., so I don't have any/much "Knowledge" about it, and I can't do any Testing... (hum, which I wouldn't do for this Thread anyway, as FCI is not mentioned on SOF... :( )

@TechSup will probably answer this Thread when they "notice" it, they must have gotten some automatic Notif..., now probably after the WE..., although they sometimes check the Forum on a Saturday... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Macro works in Enterprise Edition but not with the Player Edition

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:47 am

Hi shaves,

There is no significant difference between a copy of iMacros that has been activated with an Enterprise license and one activated with a Player license other than recording functionality is disabled with the Player license (c.f. this FAQ.).

Requesting general help or help for machine-specific issues such as the following is typically not covered by technical support and requires a professional services engagement by submitting a request using the link below:

- I need help making this macro/script work, can you take a look and advise?
- Can we schedule a screen sharing session to work on my macro(s)/script(s) together?
- The website changed and now my macro(s) no longer work(s), can you help fix it?
- The macro/script doesn't work on this machine, but it works on another machine (or, it previously worked on this machine but stopped working recently), can you help troubleshoot?

http://imacros.net/support/professional-services

For *specific* technical questions/issues such as the following, it's best to login to your customer account and open a support case.

- Why does the recorded command result in an error on macro playback?
- The command executes successfully on playback but the field is not filled
- How can I automate this specific field on this particular web page/site?
- I am experiencing a browser crash or freeze when replaying the macro
- The software starts in trial mode even though I have activated my license
- etc.

As long as you provide all of the necessary relevant information related to your problem (c.f. https://community.ipswitch.com/s/articl ... ros-issues), our technical support staff will be able to help you.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support